Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I guess the guys who bought AE were more interested in visitor numbers than member numbers...

Ash is modest about his success with the site but his starting point was in interest in the subject matter which led to excellent photographic content of his own. The NT and Tassie adventures helped too. It's about the content.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I guess the guys who bought AE were more interested in visitor numbers than members...

It's about ad impressions, these guys would have access to advertisers Ash wouldn't ...so they ad the site to their stable of like sites and makes it easier to sell advertising.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

It's about ad impressions, these guys would have access to advertisers Ash wouldn't ...so they ad the site to their stable of like sites and makes it easier to sell advertising.

For sure. Although Ash had a nice income flow without really trying, and made a decent $ when he sold too.

For interest, here's the ultimate owner of AE.

http://www.verticalscope.com/automotive/

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

For sure. Although Ash had a nice income flow without really trying, and made a decent $ when he sold too.

For interest, here's the ultimate owner of AE.

http://www.verticalscope.com/automotive/

Lesson the be learned there, set the photos up properly and you might have a winner, everyone did the work for Ash with the spotted thread.....clever. :scratchchin:

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
Lesson the be learned there, set the photos up properly and you might have a winner, everyone did the work for Ash with the spotted thread.....clever. :scratchchin:
Based on a CPM of $3 on the pageview numbers these guys are getting they would be pulling in north of $610k a month. I would say the numbers are very conservative as well as the traffic is highly targeted so could be worth significantly more to some advertisers.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
That's fantasy land.
Certainly not. The CPM is based on a huge number of factors. It can go from cents to $20+ depending on how targeted the traffic is. My experiance is based on my time at one of the largest media agencies in the world.