Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Tassie is stuffed... 70% of them work for the gov, forrestry is fucked, its all over for them. Lovely place to retire for quiet life.

Hobart has a population of 250k you can park anywhere, great driving roads, but cold,

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Every city have their serial killers, some just hide the bodies better.

yeah, unfortunately some of our elizabethians decide, instead of putting their money in the bank they choose to store dead bodies in the bank

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

How about a place in Tas and one in Port Douglas, would need 2 cars though, keep one at Cairns airport one at Hobart. get bored move from one to the other for a week ?
All these things are great in theory, need to be sure first......thats the hard bit.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
How about a place in Tas and one in Port Douglas, would need 2 cars though, keep one at Cairns airport one at Hobart. get bored move from one to the other for a week ?
All these things are great in theory, need to be sure first......thats the hard bit.

For a guy that needs to go to the supermarket so much he cant drive a supercar, you're sure considering a big change.

Sure you're ready?

You just need to get out of the over priced congested pretensious shit hole that is kew/toorak area.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

For a guy that needs to go to the supermarket so much he cant drive a supercar, you're sure considering a big change.
Sure you're ready?
You just need to get out of the over priced congested pretensious shit hole that is kew/toorak area.

Not sure but getting surer, nice roads in Tassie :D

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Gold Coast is rooted from what I've heard.

it depends what you consider Rooted.

yes the economy is in the tank, and theres lots of crime, but i consider that to be the product of living in a tourist/party town, kind of like Miami FL.

i wake up to this every day

and feel totally blessed.

the weather is good, the girls are pretty, theres beautiful mountain roads to go driving
what more can you want?

oh perhaps some Mexican food, and drink in hand when sitting at the worlds best dining table.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

it depends what you consider Rooted.
yes the economy is in the tank, and theres lots of crime, but i consider that to be the product of living in a tourist/party town, kind of like Miami FL.
i wake up to this every day
and feel totally blessed.
the weather is good, the girls are pretty, theres beautiful mountain roads to go driving
what more can you want?

Mmmmm very nice.....

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Sure you're ready?

Toorak is a shit hole? Why do people who can live anywhere live there?

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Toorak is a shit hole? Why do people who can live anywhere live there?

Location.

There's terrible land size for your money, almost every house is looked over by several others, noise, congestion. Out dated and run down and insufficient drainage and services, VERY EXPENSIVE to repair and update services. Tradies all hook into the punters, bad parking facilities.

But the houses are big/nice kinda old and charming generally, and it's perfectly located for city types.

I live on 2/3 acre in Mt Eliza, have enormous rambling 5 bedroom double brick house, HUGE pool.. 100,000 litres 10.5m x 5.5m and 2.4m deep end, plus big lawns, trees, vege patch, sheds etc etc, triple car garage with all auto doors etc etc, long double entry driveway (2nd or even 3rd gear), no neighbours overlooking at all, cant even see a house from most rooms, and I can walk the kids to pre school AND primary school in under 5 minutes...... And I'm 45min from CBD or 1hr from Airport, or an hour from Sorrento, or an hour from Phillip island..... all for well under a mil.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I'll probably just stay in Kew locality but get out of it more often as I'll have more freedom when my sons move out.

Thats the plan at 1:40 Sat 14/1

Stay tuned it's sure to change again.