Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I'll probably just stay in Kew locality but get out of it more often as I'll have more freedom when my sons move out.

Thats the plan at 1:40 Sat 14/1

Stay tuned it's sure to change again.

Do like so many others... Buy a holiday house... Peninsular, or phillip island, or even tassie if you must.

Mornington, Frankston, Mt Eliza property is doing well, SE burbs are where to be IMO.

Offline pku

We have just moved from Sydney to Tassie having been coming down here on a regular basis since my first Targa in 1997 and have quite a close group of friends. We did 7 or 8 long weekends down here in the past 12 months just trying to get a feel for real estate and weighing up the Launceston/Hobart thing despite having been right around the state many times. Hobart won out and the Mrs snagged a great job, moving from level 61 with harbour views to ground floor looking at a carpark, but on a better package, that left me to pack up and sell the Sydney house and do a couple more trips with apparent essentials.

Dont regret anything so far, customer service is standout by miles. Two classics .... transferred some money in a bank branch and got a call later that day saying I was paying for insurance on something I had forgotten to cancel and would I like them to cancel it, second, went into health fund to change address, got an email later that day saying I would be much better off paying $45 less a month for xyz product.

Sorry long waffle post ....

Short term rentals are relatively scarce but if you are looking to buy then suddenly things are available. We can't decide on buying acreage south of Hobart (30 mins) in either the Channel or Huon Valley, so we have two while we decide (well actually just for a month until the one by the waters lease expires).

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

.Sorry long waffle post ....

No on the contrary that exactly the feedback I need, is it too cold ? , too quiet ?

Do you think you'll be happy there ?

Offline fivesix

Ive been here for a few months, but I'm too young to live here. Enjoying it because it's temporary.

I feel you have the right mental capacity to fit in with the locals dodger... :p

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Ive been here for a few months, but I'm too young to live here. Enjoying it because it's temporary.

I feel you have the right mental capacity to fit in with the locals dodger... :p

I just had a quick look, Port Douglas might be better.... :eek:

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
With the superbly refreshing lack of congestion on the peninsular, even during summer holiday season like today, my house is also less that 2 hours from ballarat. We went to the wildlife pk which was a superb day out.

Just under 2 hours each way. Lovely drive too.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

With the superbly refreshing lack of congestion on the peninsular, even during summer holiday season like today, my house is also less that 2 hours from ballarat. We went to the wildlife pk which was a superb day out.

Just under 2 hours each way. Lovely drive too.

We could be neighbors :D

Now looking at regional Vic such as Castlemaine, but I might go insane there, Tassie looks good  :scratchchin:

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Any suggestions ?

Still a bit early for me to decide, but my current thoughts are Bay of Islands in NZ, or perhaps Central/Northern NSW.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

We could be neighbors :D

Now looking at regional Vic such as Castlemaine, but I might go insane there, Tassie looks good  :scratchchin:

I did a boot camp at Merricks recently, nice quite little place Dodger not too far from the big smoke.  Remember, as we get old you also need to take into account being quickly and easily accessible to services, hospitals etc. ;)

And if you have family may want to be not toofar away, then again................ :D

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I did a boot camp at Merricks recently, nice quite little place Dodger not too far from the big smoke.  Remember, as we get old you also need to take into account being quickly and easily accessible to services, hospitals etc. ;)

And if you have family may want to be not toofar away, then again................ :D

Thanks, I'm not old yet but closer to it than you are I guess. :cool: