Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

it depends what you consider Rooted.

My Mum lives on the canals as well, and yes good views and cool with the breeze.  What I don't like about the GC is 1, the mosquito's and 2, in summer it being pitch black at 6.30pm and bright as at 4am.  I reckon SE QLD should move their clocks forward 2 hours for daylight saving.  I'm sure the arguement is that it's cooler when dark, but to me (and it's just my opinion) I find it depressing sitting out looking at the canal having abeer and BBQ and it's pitch black.  Still daylight here as I type BTW (8.30pm). :p

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Thanks, I'm not old yet but closer to it than you are I guess. :cool:

Probably not, ;) You mentioned two boys, I have two but was a late starter.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Probably not, ;) You mentioned two boys, I have two but was a late starter.

Me too ;)

There's nothnig for sale in Merricks.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Me too ;)

There's nothnig for sale in Merricks.
Have a look at what your money will buy in Baxter, or Somerville or elsewhere on the northern peninsular, even Frankston South has amazing places even closer to city than me...

Good enough for Hugh Jacksons family down here, and all kinds of big/smart players ;)

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
My Mum lives on the canals as well, and yes good views and cool with the breeze.  What I don't like about the GC is 1, the mosquito's and 2, in summer it being pitch black at 6.30pm and bright as at 4am.  I reckon SE QLD should move their clocks forward 2 hours for daylight saving.  I'm sure the arguement is that it's cooler when dark, but to me (and it's just my opinion) I find it depressing sitting out looking at the canal having abeer and BBQ and it's pitch black.  Still daylight here as I type BTW (8.30pm). :p

yes daylight saving would be fantastic, its stupid having sunlight at 4:00 am. i too find that to be one of the disadvantages here.

as for the Mosquitos it depends on where you live. if you buy on a small canal that may be a dead end, with little water flow you will get mosquitos. However where my house is im on big water, and get alot of water flow. no midgee's or Mosquitos.  the neighbours from the other side of the road complain of them, but on our side of the road.  Nothing :D

i can go out to back any time of any day and there is nothing.  I did have 1 day in the last 2.5 years where there were a few midgee's but that is honestly only 1 day i can recall there being anything, and it still wasnt even comparable to what people on some small canals cope with every day.

as with everything in Real Estate, its all about location.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

as with everything in Real Estate, its all about location.

:D :D

I'll make sure I touch base when I next come up as promised previously which I'm hoping to be school holidays in early April.