Offline dkabab

that would be scary.... remember life before possessions....
that rubbish dump will be smouldering for a long time!!!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

One of the guys was off at another fire 30km away, only to find when he got back here, his house was in the middle of the main front.   :eek:

Fortunately it was saved. But I have heard that there was 50 or so houses burnt to the ground and a school and some other stuff as well.

But will not know until the Sun comes up and can do a damage assessment.

Haven't heard if anyone was hurt and I think the deaths have been from the Gippsland fires.  :(

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Haven't heard if anyone was hurt and I think the deaths have been from the Gippsland fires.  :(

There was a newsbreak an hour or so ago when I posted and the firey confirmed 14 deaths and inferred several dozen missing.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
this morning's news is 25 dead and places like marysville gone!

terrible stuff.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Faaarrrk.  Didn't expect to wake up to all this news this morning.

Are you tripled smoked by now Mondi?

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
What the hell are you guys doing in Melb

Bloody hell i remember being in melb during ash wednesday its we horrific cant imagine what poeple are going through over there atm

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
terrible stuff with Marysville and kinglake etc, and many others too.

yesterday, we were laying around like starfish trying to keep naked and cool, Then today, heavy showers/rain! Huddling cups of tea to warm hands up after working in the rain......   I'm right in the middle of installing rain tanks too... I've got one done and is now half full already (5000litres) but the other one isn't connected up yet and the gutters are all apart so I've now got flooded trenches and mud everywhere!  :doh: :doh:

Gotta feel for the fire victims though.... what would YOU DO when faced with it.... run or fight? I'm "mostly" organised, and insured, to run.

I think I should get a pump to use the pool water perhaps?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Been a long night!!!

We are hearing that there are 40 deaths with 26 confirmed.
Kinglake is all but gone from reports coming in as well.
Lost 50 houses here from first reports and at least 1 death.

Mr Brumby spent last night in the central Victorian town of Bendigo, where he witnessed a massive effort to save the town.
The fire destroyed more than 50 properties there and he confirmed there were casualties, but did not provide details.

I heard someone make the comment that the town must be it trouble when the waterbombing helicopter has to come in and help with the fires.
There was one main fire burning which is suspected as deliberate and two other fires that started in completely different areas(that destroyed houses) that are unconfirmed but suspected as being deliberate.

One of the victims of the fire who lost his house was saying that he went out to his kitchen to make a cuppa and saw that the back yard was a fire ball, by time he got his wife and got out thru the front of the house the kitchen was gone!!!!

Offline 98octane

Plenty of my extended family has been evacuated from Gippsland and King Lake regions.  My uncle has been fighting fires in King Lake etc for days now whilst his neighbours' and crew members' houses have burnt down.  Thankfully his house was saved by a few hundred metres, for now.

It was really eerie in Melbourne yesterday, like a ghost town. Very few people were out and about in places you'd normally expect crowds: Yarra/Botanical area was deserted, beaches were pretty quiet, and not one exotic car on Chapel St! And that strange hazy, blue/grey sky.  If only I could help fight the fires!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Gotta feel for the fire victims though.... what would YOU DO when faced with it.... run or fight? I'm "mostly" organised, and insured, to run.

I think I should get a pump to use the pool water perhaps?

Best option is to know how to prep your house and then get the hell out of there!!!!!!