Offline dkabab

people go mad I guess.... what would posess a dad to throw his girl off the west gate bridge?

Still, a crime is a crime IMO.

i guess we will never know ourselves. the people who do these things must be on another wavelength.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

was watching that crime scene investigation australia (real life) and was about an arsonist. turned out he was a volunteer fire fighter. he would light the fires, then call them in and fight like a hero....  :eye-popping:

Unfortunately its quite common.  Apparrantly a number of arsonisits are members of the CFA.  Just can't comprehend how they can do this. 

I feel for all the good firefighters.  True champions.  Must be horrible conditions all kitted up in the appropriate safety gear and fighting fires in 46 degrees.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Some photos of the aftermath, these were taken in places about a mile away from where I live.

Not my handy work(the photos that is).

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
That's truly terrible.

I'm amazed how many families seem to be un-insured though?

Surely, it can't be THAT expensive, even in that area to get insurance.

Forgive my ignorance, but what reasoning is there for NOT having insurance?

I can understand some ......rentals, recently moved etc, but really, am I missing something?

Offline dkabab

Forgive my ignorance, but what reasoning is there for NOT having insurance?

sorta off topic. but i was reading one of the missus' magazines the other day that had "tips to save money during the credit crunch"
one of the tips was.....

Insurance: if you drive a car thats not really woth a whole lot of money, like an old carolla... dont waste your money on it.

:argh:

• Soap Dodger

sorta off topic. but i was reading one of the missus' magazines the other day that had "tips to save money during the credit crunch"
one of the tips was.....

:argh:

sound reasoning for cheap cars... cover the minimum with rego/ctp etc, and drive carefully  :thumbsup:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Take a look at the Photos. The area that was worst hit was the poorer side of town. Not far from the housing commission estate.
These poor people do not have it as good as some of us. My heart broke today driving thru one area that I did not see on Saturday.
One entire street was destroyed, it really did look like a nuclear bomb had gone off. Almost new cars that were sitting in Carports were melted.
There was nothing left of the houses, just a pile of corrugated iron. Most of these people have lost everything, even if they were insured it will never replace what they have gone thru.

And we got off pretty well, 2 deaths compared to Kinglake and surrounding areas. Unless you have experience this for yourself, you really have no idea how horrific this really was and to witness the aftermath is really spine chilling.

• Soap Dodger

Take a look at the Photos. The area that was worst hit was the poorer side of town. Not far from the housing commission estate.
These poor people do not have it as good as some of us. My heart broke today driving thru one area that I did not see on Saturday.
One entire street was destroyed, it really did look like a nuclear bomb had gone off. Almost new cars that were sitting in Carports were melted.
There was nothing left of the houses, just a pile of corrugated iron. Most of these people have lost everything, even if they were insured it will never replace what they have gone thru.

And we got off pretty well, 2 deaths compared to Kinglake and surrounding areas. Unless you have experience this for yourself, you really have no idea how horrific this really was and to witness the aftermath is really spine chilling.

I totally agree and have full respect for the situation.

but I still struggle to understand the economics of insurance or not..

how much to insure an average home/contents out there?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Don't really know what the average would be. I pay around the $1k mark for House, contents and the Sheds.

So only guessing but maybe $300 - $400pa?????