Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I see Frazier as more of a boxer and Ali now more of a showman, anyway someone who achieved what he did shouldn't have died in poverty virtually unnoticed -

The International Boxing Research Organization (IBRO) rates Frazier among the ten greatest heavyweights of all time.[2] He is an inductee of both the International Boxing Hall of Fame and the World Boxing Hall of Fame.

Wikipedia.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Ali was both... showman AND fighter.

Frazier could hit harder no doubt, but his arsenal was limited.

• Soap Dodger

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I think the denegrating demeaning insulting behaviour by Ali towards Frazier was over the top , and makes me think less of him.
They fought 3 times Frazier won the first Ali the second 2 but only just because Fraziers eyes closed, he wasnt so superior but he was a pretty boy with a fast mouth.

• Soap Dodger

I think the denegrating demeaning insulting behaviour by Ali towards Frazier was over the top , and makes me think less of him.
They fought 3 times Frazier won the first Ali the second 2 but only just because Fraziers eyes closed, he wasnt so superior but he was a pretty boy with a fast mouth.

That's the whole point. He'd make Frazier and other opponents so angry they'd not fight properly.

Ali used his mouth to half win before a punch was thrown, he'd lead with his chin, and instill frustration.. to gain an advantage.

You're missing the point.

If you think a fighter should be a profession to make friends, then err, you couldn't be more wrong.

Ali invented sledging, the aussies however have taken it to a whole new level!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

That's the whole point. He'd make Frazier and other opponents so angry they'd not fight properly.

Ali used his mouth to half win before a punch was thrown, he'd lead with his chin, and instill frustration.. to gain an advantage.

You're missing the point.

If you think a fighter should be a profession to make friends, then err, you couldn't be more wrong.

Ali invented sledging, the aussies however have taken it to a whole new level!

I havent missed anything, Ali's bullshitting was good for his own publicity then he took it too far, it had no effect on Frasier who would have cleaned him up but his eyes closed, after 14 rounds, and Ali couldn't stand up after the decision.
He was good yes but not as good as you think.

• Soap Dodger

I havent missed anything, Ali's bullshitting was good for his own publicity then he took it too far, it had no effect on Frasier who would have cleaned him up but his eyes closed, after 14 rounds, and Ali couldn't stand up after the decision.
He was good yes but not as good as you think.

Why did his eyes close...

"cos he was belted to kingdom come thats why  :doh:

and what does "after the decision" matter....

Gees dodgy ol' boy, you ARE silly

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

If Ali's sledging had an effect on Frasier , as you say, without it Frasier would have KO'd him in the first round,

I think one of his eyes was in trouble before the fight started.

• Soap Dodger

If Ali's sledging had an effect on Frasier , as you say, without it Frasier would have KO'd him in the first round,

I think one of his eyes was in trouble before the fight started.

Maybe, but Ali was smart enough to know that and deal with it before it happened.

And no, his eyes were fine.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

and what does "after the decision" matter....

Gees dodgy ol' boy, you ARE silly

Now we all know you like to be right all the time but you're really not we just let you think that but Ali was a great fighter but Joe Frasier was his equal and a better man to boot.