Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

You've still got it wrong. Didn't you even watch that doco?

Frazier wasn't underrated at all. He was also an undefeated champion when they fought, and he beat Ali.......

To be a great boxer, you have to take your opponents best punches as well as give your own.

Thats where Ali was the greatest. How do you think Frazier felt, when he landed those monster hooks, and even felled Ali, only for him to bounce right up after 4 seconds and carry on and fight just as strong.

Ali was the greatest because he exploited ALL opportunities, and if there were few weaknesses in his opponents, he'd create them in the form of doubt, anger, frustration etc....

No I haven't got it wrong and yes I watched the doco, Frazier was underrated in as much as Ali got all the attention and Frazier was made to look less than what he was because of it.
Listen and learn.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
The fact Frazier even got to fight ALI is praise enough, and shows how highly rated he was.

He was rated as a beatable equal, and Ali got it wrong as he lost the first fight.

Dear oh dear.

I put it down to your intoxicated haze you might have been in back then. It was the 70s man, I was young, fresh and alert and remember well!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

The fact Frazier even got to fight ALI is praise enough, and shows how highly rated he was.
He was rated as a beatable equal, and Ali got it wrong as he lost the first fight.
Dear oh dear.
I put it down to your intoxicated haze you might have been in back then. It was the 70s man, I was young, fresh and alert and remember well!

You miss the point yet again, I'll try again in a few years when you've learned that you're not always right, which incidently is on the cards :D

• Soap Dodger

Let me get this straight.

You want almost the whole world, including the boxing community, to change their minds, ignore history, and agree with you that Ali was overrated, and Frazier was greater than the greatest....

Ok.

Waiting......

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Let me get this straight.

You want almost the whole world, including the boxing community, to change their minds, ignore history, and agree with you that Ali was overrated, and Frazier was greater than the greatest....

Ok.

Waiting......

Wait over -

http://www.chicagonow.com/offhanded-dribble/2011/11/joe-frazier-was-better-than-muhammad-ali-in-and-out-of-the-ring/

including this which may be of interest -

(Unbeknownst to most, Frazier had been "legally blind" in his left eye since the mid 60's)

• Soap Dodger

Did you even read your own link?

Another from the Frazier camp, and it has some merit....

But even that text ends with... "many knew who the better fighter was" and only daring to suggest that Frazier was a better man. Which I don't argue, dispute or care about.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Did you even read your own link?

Another from the Frazier camp, and it has some merit....

But even that text ends with... "many knew who the better fighter was" and only daring to suggest that Frazier was a better man. Which I don't argue, dispute or care about.

The results show there was stuff all between them as fighters.

• Soap Dodger

The results show there was stuff all between them as fighters.

The results show 2-1 to Ali  :tilt:

Have I gotta come round to far kew and Ali shuffle and float and sting you till your eyes close? :cool:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

The results show 2-1 to Ali  :tilt:

Have I gotta come round to far kew and Ali shuffle and float and sting you till your eyes close? :cool:

Fraziers side threw the towel in because he couldn't see not because he was stuffed, Ali couldn't stand up to move from his corner so if they didnt throw the towel in Frazier would have won.
Ali was well and truly beaten to a pulp, Frazier wasn't - now if I have to repeat this one more time I'll send the boys from Zagames around to collect all their missing tools :D

• Soap Dodger

If Fraziers camp thought Ali was stuffed they wouldn't have thrown the towel.

Ali was exhausted, but Frazier was beaten by then. His eyes closed as a result of the beating Ali dealt him. Ali didn't get up because he knew he didn't need to anymore.

Ali was, and still is, the greatest. he had a loud mouth, and he wasn't the perfect moral role model, but he was the consumate professional boxer, and the greatest champion of the sport.

Ha, I've got all the tools I need, and have had them for a very long time! The difference, is that I know what they're for ;)