Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Not quite - you need to consider the types if cells/organs in the area and the likelihood of cellular change from the heat and em radiation.

You would be surprised at the amount of EM radiation your body gets hit by on a day to day basis. I carry around a Radman and it's interesting to see what Radiation is around. 

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

what worries me is my phone is always in my right pocket... whether its in there or not, i get false feelings that my phone is ringing/vibrating. for the last 10 years, almost daily ive had it there. I have tried recently puting it in my left pocket, however i still get the tingling my phone is ringing in my right pocket...  :? :?

Sounds like you're enjoying the tingling sensation your phone gives you when it's in your pockets

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Ok here's another post from the stock forum -

A friend of mine's girlfriend got a brain tumour and was treated by Charlie Teo. He basically said never use your phone without a blue tooth or headphones.

If a guy is good enough to do brain surgery on the President of the United States, I'll take his advice.

Thas the final word as far as I'm concerned.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

You would be surprised at the amount of EM radiation your body gets hit by on a day to day basis. I carry around a Radman and it's interesting to see what Radiation is around.

I'm very aware of the amount of background radiation we are exposed to.  Even sitting at this computer I'm subject to EM radiation then there is flying in a plane, wireless home networks, gamma irradiated canned food etc.  But with mobile phones i think there is more to it than just the EM radiation.  Prolonged conversations create a fair bit of heat which is a concern.

Offline j15

So anecdotal evidence is Dodger's threshold for something being true and worth sharing.

In that case, a bunch of people have told me it's been pretty hot lately. I think I should all tell you that global warming is true :D

Offline app

Not sure if it does anything but when I'm on the phone I try and hold the phone slightly away from my head.

Also I usually have my phone in my pocket. It really concerns me what kind of damage it could be doing down there :scared: So when I can, I try and hold it in my hand.

During the week I usually have it in the jacket pocket of my suit, then I worry if it's doing anything to the heart, lungs etc :scared:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

So anecdotal evidence is Dodger's threshold for something being true and worth sharing.

In that case, a bunch of people have told me it's been pretty hot lately. I think I should all tell you that global warming is true :D

Evidence of that nature is enough for me, put the phone to your own head if you like....... it's completely optional.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I'm not going to run around with a headset on, if it's dangerous the damage has already been done but I will keep calls short or use the ear buds.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Mobile phones can cause brain tumours, court rules.
A landmark court case has ruled there is a link between using a mobile phone and brain tumours, paving the way for a flood of legal actions.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/96...rt-rules..html

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Dodgers mate's mate's mate's girlfriend said some semi-Asian-sounding guy who cuts tumours out knows how to prevent them.

Good enough for me.

(luckily I have no friends)