Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au
Nope...trust me it will be just another car..which if he is a successful businessman will rarely get a chance to drive and soon lose interest in and it will be like a piece of art....which is slowly appreciating.

On the otherhand, if the owner is a "Hollywood Rockstar"  and all his assets are on the drip payment system,  he will parade them around town, grab attention and ultimately take a big fall from grace.

I don't know who the owner is, but if has worked hard and earn't his money, he deserves them.
These type of guys normally keep an ultra low profile and you will only rarely see these cars.

......and Dean's lesson to the young ones for today.

Go to school, study hard, become book smart and street smart.
Save at least 10% of your income, don't blow it all on being a show off and trying to pick up chicks.

Take on
Good debt such as property and blue chip shares only to the limit of your earning capacity. Don't over commit.

Don't take on  bad debt like fast cars and women and get rich quick schemes.

And sooner or later, you'll be a genuine guy who attracts a genuine girl  and  the wealth and spoils will happen when you can accept and appreciate them in a responsible manner.

Nothing in life comes easily or quickly.
If it does...then its sheer luck and it will be pissed away faster than you got it.

Amen
Persistence Beats Resistance

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
Now, that is worth commenting on.....well said Mate...it's all about working smart, saving, investing, then having all the nice things rewarded to you when you have the capacity to service them.....
I once wrote something similar on this page and was told how much of a fool I was by another forum member.......wonder if he fell into the rockstar status you just implied.??? :scratchchin:
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

Save at least 10% of your income, don't blow it all on being a show off and trying to pick up chicks.

I still love Georgie Bests comment on this.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

are you saying I'm NOTHING!!!!

Actually, TRULY successful business people build their own wealth AND have time to enjoy their pleasures and luxuries.

It's the averagely successfull that work too hard, play too little...

I have my lancia under my nose everyday, and I haven't touched it since xmas....

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Now, that is worth commenting on.....well said Mate...it's all about working smart, saving, investing, then having all the nice things rewarded to you when you have the capacity to service them.....
I once wrote something similar on this page and was told how much of a fool I was by another forum member.......wonder if he fell into the rockstar status you just implied.??? :scratchchin:

I couldnt agree more,

being conservative with your money is highly underrated in our society.

however I too have born the brunt of the "but you may die tomorrow" crowd.  but in reality 99.9% of the time tomorrow will come, i'd rather sleep at night knowing i'll eat tomorrow, be able to put fuel in my car, and enjoy the home i live in, all be it not as extravagant as it could be.

10% of net worth on toys & Junk. at the absolute Max IMO.

Offline app

On the otherhand, if the owner is a "Hollywood Rockstar"  and all his assets are on the drip payment system,  he will parade them around town, grab attention and ultimately take a big fall from grace.

I don't know who the owner is, but if has worked hard and earn't his money, he deserves them.
These type of guys normally keep an ultra low profile and you will only rarely see these cars.

Take on
Good debt such as property and blue chip shares only to the limit of your earning capacity. Don't over commit.

And sooner or later, you'll be a genuine guy who attracts a genuine girl  and  the wealth and spoils will happen when you can accept and appreciate them in a responsible manner.

If it does...then its sheer luck and it will be pissed away faster than you got it.

Amen

If you get the wealth THEN the women....the question is, would she have gone out with you if you didn't have the wealth :scratchchin: :p

But seriously, words of wisdom. Interestingly, it reminded me of a subject I did at uni which looked into entrepreneurship; the more educated you become, the more likely you are to be successful in owning your own business, i.e. dispersing the myth that high school drop outs who become instant millionaires make up a large proportion of the successful businessmen...

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au
If you get the wealth THEN the women....the question is, would she have gone out with you if you didn't have the wealth :scratchchin: :p

Don't tell them you have money.
Act poor and humble.

This is what i do for laughs on the occassional Sunday morning..

I have an old Toyota Van. 1983 model. falling to bits...Had it for 15 years..never been washed or serviced.
It sits out the back of my property.
Full of mould and mildew.
Gets used to take stuff to the tip once a year.

So i go to the servo, dressed like a hobo.
Put in $5 fuel.
Use the squeegy to clean all the mould off the window.
Clean off all the spider webs etc.

Then i go home and get
The BMW Coupe...still dressed like a hobo....go put some fuel in.
Then i go home and get the X5 twin turbo....still dressed like a hobo and put some fuel in
Then i go home and get FESSA..still dressed like a hobo  and go put some fuel in and take her for a quick run to stretch her legs
Then i go home and get  Lubba..still dressed like a hobo  and go put some fuel in  and take her for a stretch.
Then i go back and get the van  take her to the servo..check the tyres  and buy the paper.

It absolutely spins out the young kids behind the counter..they don't know how to act when i scrounging around my pockets to find the coins to buy the paper.

Persistence Beats Resistance

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

just do what montana says.....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ7HZATMKBY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ7HZATMKBY</a>

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Take on

Amen
there are many ways to gauge wealth, not just in a monetary sense.

and there isn't a rule book on what to do and what not to do, and in what time frame to do it.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson