Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
TRULY successful business people build their own wealth AND have time to enjoy their pleasures and luxuries.

Still being at the stage where on any given day I might have $14 to my name it may seem like pissing in a hat, but of the 82 gazillion buzzwords and motivational phrases I've read in all those business and entreprenuer books, nothing rings truer than mhh's simple key-to-wealth philosophy:

"help other people make money"

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
If you get the wealth THEN the women....the question is, would she have gone out with you if you didn't have the wealth :scratchchin: :p

You don't need wealth to get the women, and the women you get because of it are looking to take it, but then you don't get many opportunities to date when you're eating baked beans 6 nights a week.

But seriously, words of wisdom. Interestingly, it reminded me of a subject I did at uni which looked into entrepreneurship; the more educated you become, the more likely you are to be successful in owning your own business, i.e. dispersing the myth that high school drop outs who become instant millionaires make up a large proportion of the successful businessmen...

Ok, stay in Uni until you're 80, guaranteed business success if you wait till then. :doh:

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Still being at the stage where on any given day I might have $14 to my name it may seem like pissing in a hat, but of the 82 gazillion buzzwords and motivational phrases I've read in all those business and entreprenuer books, nothing rings truer than mhh's simple key-to-wealth philosophy:

"help other people make money"

I did today.

had a guy been chewing my ear off for weeks now about a problem he has with his car. I've now told him what the problem is, how to fix it, where to get the parts, and what tools he needs.

Now, he doesn't need me anymore. (but at least he's stopped bugging me)

YEAH... REAL SMART IDEA... NOT!!!!!!

So, I'll just carry on being grumpy and mean and selifish a while longer I think.....

Offline app

It absolutely spins out the young kids behind the counter..they don't know how to act when i scrounging around my pockets to find the coins to buy the paper.

:P

just do what montana says.....

Good old Scarface, watched it the other day

Ok, stay in Uni until you're 80, guaranteed business success if you wait till then. :doh:

I don't know if you're semi-joking given that it's the interwebs, but the statistics were showing that OUT of the successful businessmen, the larger proportion tended to have postgraduate qualifications :rolleyes: :p

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.

I don't know if you're semi-joking given that it's the interwebs, but the statistics were showing that OUT of the successful businessmen, the larger proportion tended to have postgraduate qualifications  :rolleyes: :p

Of course they teach that, statistics are bent, twisted and falsified to make you believe whatever the person using the statistics wants you to believe. Its part of their agenda to promote that you have more chance of success with your degree.  They dont then tell you that 95 out of 100 people* with postgraduate qualifications fail in business or that in those statistics they use people who are successful businessmen that are actually only successful because they are well payed employees and dont actually own the company.

I was reading the official police Road deaths figure for a certain country last night and the number was around 70,000 deaths. Their official figures also showed that countries road deaths had been decreasing for approx 3 years. The figures for that country given by the coroners office on death certificates as cause of death as a road accident for that same year was well over 200, 000 people. Then I saw an article by a reporter saying that another country had now taken over that country as having the most road deaths in the world with 110,000 road deaths and they went on to repeat the false statistics saying the other country had decreased road deaths over the last 3 years period.  Statistics are bent and twisted and then people like reporters, road law makers and University Professors use them as if they were fact.

Degree's allow you to become an employee for a businessman were hopefully you can learn to become successful in business.

*(95 out of 100 people with postgraduate qualifications fail..... this statistic may not be accurate, but it suits my agenda.)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9F5QL804qQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9F5QL804qQ</a>

Offline eewink

• Drives: Holden
f*ck I need to work harder...

That's the spirit mate. Glad to hear it. I encourage it.

My philospophy is everybody out there can make it as long as one puts in the really fucking hard work (I remember those 16-18 hour days 7 days a week .... sigh). As the saying holds true - Success is 1% inspiration 99% perspiration. Too bad not many in society know this equation. The saying never said success is 100% welfare or 100% tax the rich and let us redistribute the wealth to everyone.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
That's the spirit mate. Glad to hear it. I encourage it.

My philospophy is everybody out there can make it as long as one puts in the really fucking hard work (I remember those 16-18 hour days 7 days a week .... sigh). As the saying holds true - Success is 1% inspiration 99% perspiration. Too bad not many in society know this equation. The saying never said success is 100% welfare or 100% tax the rich and let us redistribute the wealth to everyone.

My favorite saying from successful people is, "The harder I worked, the luckier I got." Anyone who hasnt worked hard wont understand that by working hard how many more lucky doors open because you were there at the time and not off having fun. The message on my skype says " get serious, make it happen, then have fun after the success. "

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Thanks guys. You have no idea how much I need to hear this right now. I was made redundant in July, took a break to recharge and now I'm chomping at the bit to do...something. I've given myself until Christmas to work out what it is then go for it. I'm writing a list and checking it twice...
The general public is a terrible barometer of taste. Trust your own sensibilities.

Offline eewink

• Drives: Holden
Thanks guys. You have no idea how much I need to hear this right now. I was made redundant in July, took a break to recharge and now I'm chomping at the bit to do...something. I've given myself until Christmas to work out what it is then go for it. I'm writing a list and checking it twice...

Godspeed to you.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

In addition to work hard.

Work now.

Seriously, pondering until xmas on what you want to do next? You're taking the piss right?

Take a job, maybe even a shitty one. Show you can work hard and deal with tough situations and it'll help you in future.
C'mon, do it!