Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
Pay me $5 and I'll tell you how to make a million.  ;)

BTW - Scamway was an evil 90's Cult.  It was rampant in the defence forces back then, dividing whole workshops into 'us and them'.  No enemies were made, but many friends were lost.
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
That's what I was trying to work out, how does a MLM take advantage of someone elses website?

Ok - in short, this one specifically requires you to use their software to find "affiliates", which costs $49 p/m - and 20% of your $49 goes to the guy who "recruited" you.

When you find an affiliate using their software, you contact them with an email like I showed earlier, inviting them to "make money", by subscribing to the software so you get 20% of their $49 p/m, and getting other people to do it so they can make money too *and* you get another 10% of each subscription they sell, and then 5% of each subscription those people sell, and so on.

You follow?

In the end it's just selling a stupid little piece of software with contacts in it.  If you got 10 people to do it, you'd make 20% of $49 x 10 = $980.  If they got 10 people each, you'd make another 10% of $49 x 10 x 10 = $4900.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
Doesn't work like that - the way MLMs advertise is by saying you can make $xxxx in the first month then double the next month etc etc, all you have to do is either sell enough stuff or recruit enough other suckers who sell stuff and recruit others.

If someone offered me $4800 p/m straight out just to advertise, you'd have to wonder what the hell was so good to be seen on a tiny site like this.

oh...then tell them FO x 5

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

In the end it's just selling a stupid little piece of software with contacts in it. 

So what does the software do???? Contacts???

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

So what does the software do???? Contacts???

Yeah - but the product itself is unimportant, it's the same theme whether it's health products or learning programs or whatever.

Online jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Ok - in short, this one specifically requires you to use their software to find "affiliates", which costs $49 p/m - and 20% of your $49 goes to the guy who "recruited" you.

When you find an affiliate using their software, you contact them with an email like I showed earlier, inviting them to "make money", by subscribing to the software so you get 20% of their $49 p/m, and getting other people to do it so they can make money too *and* you get another 10% of each subscription they sell, and then 5% of each subscription those people sell, and so on.

You follow?

In the end it's just selling a stupid little piece of software with contacts in it.  If you got 10 people to do it, you'd make 20% of $49 x 10 = $980.  If they got 10 people each, you'd make another 10% of $49 x 10 x 10 = $4900.

There you go. Must admit there must some clever people around to come up with a scheme like that.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

There you go. Must admit there must some clever people around to come up with a scheme like that.

Read up on Charles Ponzi - his ideas from nearly a century ago are still making a few people rich and millions of people only a few bucks out of pocket every day.  Google HYIP for more reading - but don't get sucked in. :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
Read up on Charles Ponzi - his ideas from nearly a century ago are still making a few people rich and millions of people only a few bucks out of pocket every day.  Google HYIP for more reading - but don't get sucked in. :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

i better not read it...i'm easily sucked in. too gullible for my own good.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Did anyone hear of the "Concord" scheme when it was around years ago???

Offline waz356

Did anyone hear of the "Concord" scheme when it was around years ago???

My sister in law was into that as well as Amway, sunken treasure etc. etc. Any get rich scheme except actually working for a living.