Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
See what happens when too many girls play with your knob :D

LMAO!!  :thumbsup:
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline Paulstar

Always put your cameras in plain view. Don't hide them. Rather than have them hidden and catching the thieves faces, it's better for them to see the cameras and all security before they attempt anything so they move to the next place that is less secure.

If this make sure the approach to the camera - is under surveillance too. This guy that did our place knew everything he came over the back fence, knocked out the camera that would've seen him getting into the garage - and then got stuck in to it.  :doh:

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
If this make sure the approach to the camera - is under surveillance too. This guy that did our place knew everything he came over the back fence, knocked out the camera that would've seen him getting into the garage - and then got stuck in to it.  :doh:
Oh yeah, they can't get to my cameras unless they drop from a helicopter. And if they do that, then they are professionals and no matter what I do, they'd still get in.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I have cameras in both business premises. There are 36 cameras in one business premises and 15 in the smaller premises. Mix of external and internal cameras of varying types. The external ones are special day/night high definition cameras with IR light sources. They are HD colour during the day and crystal clear black and white at night. You can easily read the number plates on cars parked outside, day or night.
Some of the internal ones are ultra high definition and you can read the writing on a box of stock from about 10 metres away.  Some of the cameras are in the hundreds of dollars, others are in the multiple thousands. You can justify this sort of system in a commercial environment; but few home systems would justify the big $$ these systems cost. The small budget available for home systems is why you get shitty results. There are solutions available, they are currently still too expensive
for home applications.

I used to get 3 or 4  break in attempts a year in each business. As well as the camera systems I installed full shutters on all entry points for use after hours. Since then I have not had a single break in or vandal attack, and it's getting on for 5 years now.

The other thing is the systems are continually upgraded along the way as requirements change and technology gets better and prices drop.

Offline app