Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
exactly,

and for that matter, doing what you would do if money were no object is not necessarily possible to get by either.

i cant see how banging slutty party girls and playing video games while living in a nice waterfront home (my 3 big passions) could be accomplished without having to do some sort of job which would bore me

Kim DotCom took your job!
C'mon, do it!

Offline Dave_A

Thing is if you're in a job that pays the right money all of a sudden you love it anyway............

Not true in my situation, I've done reasonably well in building and have set myself up well for retirement however,I've had a gut full of the industry,people,councils etc...and the money means nothing to me anymore. I'm at the stage where I'd gladly downsize EVERYTHING,that means drive a shitty car,live in a small house and have a mediocre wage,if it meant I'd be doing something I really enjoyed.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Not true in my situation, I've done reasonably well in building and have set myself up well for retirement however,I've had a gut full of the industry,people,councils etc...and the money means nothing to me anymore. I'm at the stage where I'd gladly downsize EVERYTHING,that means drive a shitty car,live in a small house and have a mediocre wage,if it meant I'd be doing something I really enjoyed.

Great let's swap lives :thumbsup:

awwww bullshit you love the money :cool:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

That's what I figgered out in the last few years - I took stock of what actually contributes to contentment, lifestyle, health, minimal stress, and awesomeness.

For me that's good food/company/wine/views/adventures/knowledge.

Anything that doesn't fit in that paradigm or contribute significant means towards it gets cut very quickly.

Ownership of anything I didn't create means almost nothing to me.

Don't need much money for that, just "enough".

Offline Dave_A

Great let's swap lives :thumbsup:

awwww bullshit you love the money :cool:

Strange....most people that know me would say the same thing :scratchchin:
I do love the money but I love life more ;)

Offline Dave_A

That's what I figgered out in the last few years - I took stock of what actually contributes to contentment, lifestyle, health, minimal stress, and awesomeness.

For me that's good food/company/wine/views/adventures/knowledge.

Anything that doesn't fit in that paradigm or contribute significant means towards it gets cut very quickly.

Ownership of anything I didn't create means almost nothing to me.

Don't need much money for that, just "enough".

And this is where I'm trying to get myself......

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

That sentiment probably applies to most industries as you grow, I often have a gut full in my industry and doing some property development on the side as dealing with councils, trades, building industry is like a breath of fresh air as it's an alternate challenge with a decent financial return.

It's probably a case of the more you focus your energy on one sector, sure the more successful you may become but also the more it drains you. 

I like having my fingers in a few rewarding pies whilst my thumb is in my main industry.  Just need to find time to get out more.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
And this is where I'm trying to get myself......

My one major caveat is that it's a "selfish" lifestyle, in that I choose not to have/support kids/wives/mistresses/etc as that stuff doesn't interest me. I have no idea if you could pull off anything like I do with those foundations/anchors.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

My one major caveat is that it's a "selfish" lifestyle, in that I choose not to have/support kids/wives/mistresses/etc as that stuff doesn't interest me. I have no idea if you could pull off anything like I do with those foundations/anchors.

Nein.....