Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
http://www.news.com.au/technology/british-scientists-say-chicken-came-before-the-egg/story-e6frfro0-1225891801130

British scientists crack riddle and say chicken came before the egg

* "Scientific proof" it was the chicken
    * High-tech computer ends debate
    * Not sure how chicken got there first
    * Join us over on Facebook | Twitter

BRITISH scientists believe they have cracked the answer to the age-old question of which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Researchers have found that a protein called ovocleidin (OC-17) is crucial in the formulation of eggshells, and it is produced in the pregnant hen's ovaries, the Daily Express reports.

Therefore, the answer to the conundrum must be that the chicken came first.

Using a high-tech computer to look at the molecular structure of a shell, the team of scientists from the Universities of Sheffield and Warwick found that OC-17 acts as a catalyst, kick-starting the conversion of calcium carbonate in the chicken's body into calcite crystals.

They make up the hard shell that houses the yolk and its protective fluids while the chick develops.

"It had long been suspected that the egg came first but now we have the scientific proof that shows that in fact the chicken came first," said Dr Colin Freeman, from Sheffield University.

"The protein had been identified before and it was linked to egg formation but by examining it closely we have been able to see how it controls the process."

But the researchers have not yet managed to answer how the protein-producing chicken existed in the first place.

Offline Paulstar

http://www.news.com.au/technology/british-scientists-say-chicken-came-before-the-egg/story-e6frfro0-1225891801130

The first bird to lay a chicken egg would have been a genetic mutation of some other bird. The result of the egg would be what we call chicken. Well that's my argument  :scratchchin:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Offline Grimsbyreaper

• Drives: BMW X5 35d MSport
Who pays these turkeys to do this shit :rolleyes:

Don't know, but I would love to get in on the act. Pay me big money to research some bollocks, come up with an answer that no-one can disprove or probably cares to.
Back in Lincolnshire.

Offline Paulstar

Don't know, but I would love to get in on the act. Pay me big money to research some bollocks, come up with an answer that no-one can disprove or probably cares to.

You have to be an academic, so get a degree > honors > PHD > become a lecturer / head of a department and then you can get the dollars for 'research'. Its a lovely place to be, businesses / organizations chip in to fund the research. The work of collecting information is passed down to the best students in your class who work for a decent hourly rate. You wash / analyze  data and prepare the report. Badda bing badda boom

Offline Grimsbyreaper

• Drives: BMW X5 35d MSport
Nobody paid for my vital research during the latter years of academia involving the study of various malted barley & hops mixtures, and the effects on ability to talk and function properly the more that was consumed.

This was combined with an in depth survey of the the female species and the link between the consumption of said malted barley / hops substances and female attractiveness.

And finally to the yet unanswered question of, if you never go to bed with an ugly woman, how come you wake up with one or two ???

E- Must try harder!   :D
Back in Lincolnshire.