Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Don't forget STEAK!!! :yummy:

i hadn't forgotten.....i just didn't see it as funny.

it's all about me, you know!

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
First run since I started the Cup - went probably 5-6km - will measure in googlemaps later, jogged 3/4 of it, found some nice areas in the parklands to run - and some not so nice swamplands straight out of Empire Strikes Back :irked: - weighed in at 92.6kg

After the first 500m or so I had to stop as I felt wheezey - 30 seconds rest though and I was good for the rest of the journey.

Edit: 5.6km

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

...not sure of the time I got - they'll tell us later - but I think it was between 35-40 minutes.

I got 35 mins flat.  The fastest guys are doing it in 15 mins, so my aim is to get down to the low 20's.  I figger I can knock 5 mins off each for the next couple runs, then it'll be incremental improvements to get as close to 20 mins as possible.

Next run is tomorrow morning...

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I got 35 mins flat.  ....  I figger I can knock 5 mins off each for the next couple runs...

Ok - did the Corpulent Cup run again this morning, jogged over 90% of it this time, only twice walking for a hundred metres or so, and I walk on the downhill sections as I'm not a fan of jarring the knees and walk on some of the uphill sections cos I'm still not fit enough. :p

Reckon I got pretty close to my goal of shaving 5mins off the time.  To take another 5mins off within 2 weeks though will be a tough ask, and to get anywhere below 25mins I'll have to knock off about 5kg and train 3 or 4 times a week too.

Pretty pleased with my stamina and recovery though, just need to get fitter to be able to go at a faster pace.

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Admirable, but I really only have one response:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Checking the CC results on the website, I noticed some vulnerabilities with the queries they used so I put my old-skool l33t hacker mad skillz to good use and downloaded the entire database of results - over 4,000 of them. :p  (When it's over I'll let them know they have a gaping hole that someone could use to delete their entire database)

Anyhoo - scanning the results I found an ex-gf in there who's doing it a couple minutes quicker than me at the moment.  We hooked up this morning to do the course - had a fair bit to drink last night and a whole seafood pizza to myself in the wee hours so I wasn't on my A-game for a morning run, but I still managed to do it in 28:45, the last 5 mins I slowed up a bit and she went ahead and finished nearly a minute before me.

Reckon my goal of getting under 25mins by the end of Sept is do-able.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I got 35 mins flat.  ... I figger I can knock 5 mins off each for the next couple runs...

LOL - I got 30 mins 9 secs, dam 9 secs off the pace. :p

So I got a week and a half to knock another 5 mins off - gunna be tough.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Bah - gotta run again this morning, but last night Les fed me too much wine!  Doubt I'll get much improvement in the state I'm in, if I can get under 30mins without puking I'll be happy today.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

...in the state I'm in, if I can get under 30mins without puking I'll be happy today.

29:49 :hyper: