Offline AKA

• I like bike

I miss one little word and look like a complete dumbass  :doh:

(well, even moreso than usual)

Offline dkabab

turns out they lost the watch that was being transfered.  :rolleyes: and now the watch is discontinued.
HOWEVER, atomic which is a watch shop located downstairs of the David Jones building actually has one in stock. but its an extra $100. DJ's had 30% off... and atomic wont match the price.  :rolleyes: however i will probably just buy it from them anyway.
DJ's wont buy the watch off them and then sell to me (obviously at loss to them)

they have offered me 30% off anything in the store with no time limit on that...

Offline Adam_NAclubman

I got a voucher for DJ's for my birthday but can't work out what to bu there that wouldnt effectively amount to ripping myself off... Is there anything they sell that doesnt have a massive markup compared to other stores?

Offline CortinaD

I got a voucher for DJ's for my birthday but can't work out what to bu there that wouldnt effectively amount to ripping myself off... Is there anything they sell that doesnt have a massive markup compared to other stores?

I find audio/visual/it/books from DJ always seems to be the same if not cheaper than .

For example, I bought a TV from HVN both were same price but you can bargain HVN so I got it a bit cheaper there and while in DJ buying some stuff for work they had it for $400 less than the RRP and HVN were still selling it at RRP.

Offline dkabab

I find audio/visual/it/books from DJ always seems to be the same if not cheaper than .

For example, I bought a TV from HVN both were same price but you can bargain HVN so I got it a bit cheaper there and while in DJ buying some stuff for work they had it for $400 less than the RRP and HVN were still selling it at RRP.

comes down to the supplier. even if they get it from the same place, the more they buy usually equates to bigger discounts and they sometimes get passed on.

Offline CortinaD

comes down to the supplier. even if they get it from the same place, the more they buy usually equates to bigger discounts and they sometimes get passed on.

Who has the bigger purchasing power for A/V? I would have had my money on HVN.

Offline dkabab

Who has the bigger purchasing power for A/V? I would have had my money on HVN.

more than likely. i have a good mate who sorta manages the city cross store.... he can do some pretty big discounts when he wants too.
for example he knocked off $400 for a plasma i bought.   :D

the company i work for Blackwoods and Bunnings are sister companies. we both do similar things, except we focus on the trade/industry side. we would have a pretty similar buy price on most things. yet its amazing to see just how expensive bunnings are on many items, and then how cheap they are on some things we sell... it comes down to strategy. get people in the door for cheap items, and then sell all the expensive accessories....

Offline CortinaD

more than likely. i have a good mate who sorta manages the city cross store.... he can do some pretty big discounts when he wants too.
for example he knocked off $400 for a plasma i bought.   :D

the company i work for Blackwoods and Bunnings are sister companies. we both do similar things, except we focus on the trade/industry side. we would have a pretty similar buy price on most things. yet its amazing to see just how expensive bunnings are on many items, and then how cheap they are on some things we sell... it comes down to strategy. get people in the door for cheap items, and then sell all the expensive accessories....

thats how much this guy knocked off my lcd too from the same store, well $399 :)