Offline au-yt

• Drives: Ferrari 456M GT
Hi Guys
This is something that was expressed to be by a certain Melbourne dealer and was just interested to know what others have encountered.
Recently I was speaking to a dealer and he wont sell V10 Lambos due to the type of buyer. If he trades one he wholesales  it.

I did find this a bit and its a shame I quite like the cars.

Life's to short to drive boring cars..

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Wouldn't surprise me, especially with Gallardo's.

I have a friend who sells used low end prestige cars (BMW, Mercedes etc), and he said he hates selling cheaper used Porsche's for the same reason.

People who are stretching to buy something and are far more hassle than just dealing in his bread and butter.

Offline au-yt

Wouldn't surprise me, especially with Gallardo's.

I have a friend who sells used low end prestige cars (BMW, Mercedes etc), and he said he hates selling cheaper used Porsche's for the same reason.

People who are stretching to buy something and are far more hassle than just dealing in his bread and butter.

You nailed it, was turned of the idea by the dealer about G for the very reason, shame great looking little cars.
The Association with Audis seems to be part of the problem

Offline jamesatfish

As someone who owned 2 Gallardos, I'm a bit confused at this.  In the 7 odd years I owned those cars I never encountered anything negative from the Lambo dealers or anyone else in the trade because my bank balance doesn't put me in a position to purchase the big daddy V12s.

I'm also not sure what's wrong with the Audi association?  Is the Gallardo a lesser car because of the R8?

I wouldn't let a dealer's impression of Gallardo buyers turn you off the cars - they're great to drive, make a wonderful noise, the LP-series cars are almost as good as daily drivers as a 911 Turbo and they're the best value Lambo you can buy.  I can't see how any of that is a turn-off.

Offline au-yt

I have been around exotic cars for 30 odd years and this situation is something that's happened in the last 15 odd years or so. Part of it is the age of the dealers and there perception of the people who can only just afford buy the cars.
I might add not all dealers have this preconception, a sale is a sale.

"As someone who owned 2 Gallardos, I'm a bit confused at this.  In the 7 odd years I owned those cars I never encountered anything negative from the Lambo dealers or anyone else in the trade because my bank balance doesn't put me in a position to purchase the big daddy V12s.

I'm also not sure what's wrong with the Audi association?  Is the Gallardo a lesser car because of the R8?

I wouldn't let a dealer's impression of Gallardo buyers turn you off the cars - they're great to drive, make a wonderful noise, the LP-series cars are almost as good as daily drivers as a 911 Turbo and they're the best value Lambo you can buy.  I can't see how any of that is a turn-off."

"I'm also not sure what's wrong with the Audi association?  Is the Gallardo a lesser car because of the R8?"

I grew up when you aspired to own the "big Daddy V12s" of the Italian exotic or in Maserati's case the V8's,
and as the current owner of a Manual V12 for me its a pinnacle of Ferrari ownership.

The Association with Audi is purely because both the R8 and G and H chassis come from the same factory, But engines are different now because, now I believe, as of  LP G Lambo bought the engine assemblies in house.
To me its a good thing as the parts are often Audi parts bin which is what Ferrari and Maserati did with Fiat and Alfa.