Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Dentists -

Went to my usual guy who said this tooth needs a crown.

Friend convinced me to see their dentist, had it xrayed, no crack in the tooth, I'll just fill it.

Tooth now hurts whereas it didnt before.

Went to a third dentist just to cross check, had a larger xray done, he says I need a root canal as there's some decay and the filling is very deep.

Do any of these guys know what they're doing ?????????? :doh:

Online Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
Dentists -

Friend convinced me to see their dentist, had it xrayed, no crack in the tooth, I'll just fill it.

Went to a third dentist just to cross check, had a larger xray done, he says I need a root canal as there's some decay and the filling is very deep.

Guess it's close to Xmas and they need the cash

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

probably as bad as real estate agents or used car salesmen  :p

Offline smileone96

• Drives: Black Cars
Asks 9 dentists how to treat a problem, and you will get at least 10 different responses....
Could be a few different problems that could cause that sort of pain.... Find someone whom you trust, and take their advice.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Asks 9 dentists how to treat a problem, and you will get at least 10 different responses....

Sounds like my experience, I'm being advised by PM  ;)

Offline ckbag

probably as bad as real estate agents or used car salesmen  :p

ouch....... there are very very very few occupations where you can compare it to either of those above

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.
Dentists -

They know exactly what they are doing.

Separating you from a big wad of dough!

Dentists are the new entrepreneurs. Bondy and Skase in white coats.

:gnasher:

Offline smileone96

• Drives: Black Cars

They know exactly what they are doing.

Separating you from a big wad of dough!

Dentists are the new entrepreneurs. Bondy and Skase in white coats.

:gnasher:

Nope. Dentistry is sadly going downhill quickly. Some of the dinosaurs still cling to the ideals of high quality service, standards, and care for dental work. But I think that for the bulk of the profession, to preserve margins many dentists will try to cut costs. To compete, they will cut fees. They contend with Medicare, health insurance companies, the State and Fed government schemes, which all push for lower fees. IR laws & new taxes/levies are, like every other small business continuously raising costs. Work gets sent overseas, appointments are shortened... Dentists make a comfortable living, as service providers. Apart from David Penn and a few other amazing dental business men, they are certainly not entrepreneurs. And if the public want it cheaper still, they will end up getting exactly what they deserve. Cheap dentistry, just like cheap anything is not designed to last or serve well.

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.
Nope. Dentistry is sadly going downhill quickly. Some of the dinosaurs still cling to the ideals of high quality service, standards, and care for dental work. But I think that for the bulk of the profession, to preserve margins many dentists will try to cut costs. To compete, they will cut fees. They contend with Medicare, health insurance companies, the State and Fed government schemes, which all push for lower fees. IR laws & new taxes/levies are, like every other small business continuously raising costs. Work gets sent overseas, appointments are shortened... Dentists make a comfortable living, as service providers. Apart from David Penn and a few other amazing dental business men, they are certainly not entrepreneurs. And if the public want it cheaper still, they will end up getting exactly what they deserve. Cheap dentistry, just like cheap anything is not designed to last or serve well.

Not my experience.
Mine charged me $320.00 for a clean (45 mins with dental hygenist) and a blow through inspection..."yes you have teeth".
All very slick and ultra professional.
I pay and still come back time and again.
Do I think it is worth it...ummmm not sure - but I keep on paying.
I think I am just too lazy to shop around.
If they piss me off or fuck up a job then that may happen.
Would I go to Thailand or the Phillipines for major dental work.... I don't think so.
But I don't feel sorry for my Dentists wallet.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Tezza, with all the criticism of dentist fees, how would their net profit compare to yours?

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Cars ] Random car chat thread TomE Today at 11:53
[ Lamborghini ] Huracan Performante PA Today at 11:48
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] it's funny cause i'm drunk!! PA Today at 11:39
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] Jokes PA Today at 11:38
[ Ferrari ] 812 Superfast 360c Today at 11:36
[ Off Topic ] and today you bought... Joey Today at 09:20
[ Gadgets and Technology ] Apple iPhone JBO Today at 06:48
[ Lamborghini ] The cool Lamborghini photo thread andecorp Yesterday at 20:48
[ Cars ] Spotted thread TJB Yesterday at 13:53
[ Off Topic ] Real Estate Joey Yesterday at 13:02