Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Food in US restaurants is plentiful, the service is superb and the meals great and thats in chain restaurants

Their chain restaurants are in many cases better than out upmarket ones.

In Hawaii

http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/#lobby

Ah, but some of the food over there is rubbish - I like Mexican food and I have had it here which isn't bad but is over priced for what it is. And I have had the real stuff with the real people!!!

In America I don't know what it was but when I ordered Mexican it was slop that came out. My partner in crime business - when we went over there loved Burritos from the Burrito stands on the Freeway Off ramps and would eat 6 a day if you let him. He Shat blood for weeks after he got back.

but I must say, we found a place not far from where we were staying in California that for breakfast, you would pay $5 at the door and you could eat until you were dead!!! The food was brilliant, there was every sort of egg you could think of, 20 different Baked beans, and on and on and on. It's no wonder they are so fat, you could stay in this place all day, once breakfast menu was off, the lunch menu came out and so on........    :faint:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Ah, but some of the food over there is rubbish - I like Mexican food and I have had it here which isn't bad but is over priced for what it is. And I have had the real stuff with the real people!!!

In America I don't know what it was but when I ordered Mexican it was slop that came out. My partner in crime business when we went over there loved Burritos from the Burrito stands on the Freeway Off ramps. He Shat blood for weeks after he got back.

but I must say, we found a place not far from where we were staying in California that for breakfast, you would pay $5 at the door and you could eat until you were dead!!! The food was brilliant, there was every sort of egg you could think of, 20 different Baked beans, and on and on and on. It's no wonder they are so fat, you could stay in this place all day, once breakfast menu was off, the lunch menu came out and so on........    :faint:

Not big on Mexican but every meal I had in Hawaii was excellent and the service was just the best.

You wouldn't spit on some of the restaurants here after experiencing what's on offer over there.

Must says the meals were huge, makes ours look like kids portions.

I tried to estimate the amount of fries they must have to throw out each day, but it's incalculable.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

For $20 ??? thats my kind of girl :thumbsup:

That's what caused the confusion, she said is that it???? or you gunna give me the rest after the deed?!?!?!     :tilt:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Not big on Mexican but every meal I had in Hawaii was excellent and the service was just the best.

You wouldn't spit on some of the restaurants here after experiencing what's on offer over there.

Must says the meals were huge, makes ours look like kids portions.

I tried to estimate the amount of fries they must have to throw out each day, but it's incalculable.

Fiji was brilliant as well!!!!

If you ever go to the US, go to Macca's and get the Up, Up and away sized meal!!!!

The amount of fries you got was ridiculous and you literally got a bucket of soft drink!!!!    :scared:

Offline smileone96

• Drives: Black Cars
Had a pretty awesome scallop pasta at a cafe just off Rodeo Drive. Was a huge serve, well cooked, for about $24. Service was excellent. Actually service where I have been in California has been consistently excellent. Except at LAX. Worst airport I have ever dealt with.
Australian restaurants are getting more and more costly, and I suspect will get more so in the next few years too. I suspect many of the sub par venues will not survive if they cannot produce consistent service and food quality.

Offline DL599

• nee Melbourne Exotics

• Name: Damon
done :)
if your car feels safe, your not going fast enough

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I think they are fighting back, back up to 64%
 :irked:

Damn I think it's rigged, it says 54 have voted, I'm sure it was 72 before and I could vote again so the cookie must have been removed or something.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Damn I think it's rigged, it says 54 have voted, I'm sure it was 72 before and I could vote again so the cookie must have been removed or something.

I had the screen still open from when I voted a few hours ago and it had 49 have voted and 67% like it. Now it has 54 have voted and 61% like it. 5 votes dropped it 6% which is about right.
Considering Phils review has 26 recommends you'd think that 26 people out of 54 would have voted I dont like it. which should leave it at approx 52% like it, not 61%
It will be interesting to see where it stands tomorrow.