Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Too late in many suburbs of Melbourne already.

So true and it all goes unchallenged by our soft cock politicians.

Online looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
I worry about the same shit too, even if not for me, but my descendants. Things are fucked, no denying that.

this may sound defeatist. but it's one of the strong arguments in my mind to not bother with kids. I genuinely believe that the human race is doomed to disappear within a few hundred years.

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

this may sound defeatist. but it's one of the strong arguments in my mind to not bother with kids. I genuinely believe that the human race is doomed to disappear within a few hundred years.

Enjoy your life... that's the lesson to be learned. :)

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Sometimes I think it wouldn't be a bad thing if that stray asteroid out there changed course and finished us off.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Less bro. Singularity will get us earlier - just ask Mondi

Offline David B

Sometimes I think it wouldn't be a bad thing if that stray asteroid out there changed course and finished us off.
I get the sentiment, but for my kids I wont agree.

Like many things on this planet, things come and go over sometimes long, and sometimes short timespans.

People will still be around I think in thousands of years but we may actually hit a technological peak in the next 50 or so.

The amount of time required (and effort) to discover new things is getting longer and harder.

Take CERN, they started building that 20 billion monster before they actually knew how to fininsh building it, they just hoped (rightfully) that they would get or find the answers by the time they got to building the tricky parts.

Its one of the reasons we havent solved cancer nor got fusion running at an energy surplus.

If I started talking quantum physics many here would either cry bullshit or simply not believe some of the truths about how our universe works ( I'm not talking politics here I am talking root science).  But the observable outcomes of quantum physics are easily seen and all around us.

I think theres going to be a big bad event (or two) before we get our shit sorted out as a planetary people....... shame its going to kill so many animal species in the processs ( and a few good people I am sure).

Offline 98octane

Geez you guys are pessimists! Agree that we have some of the issues above, but we're a remarkably clever and resilient species and we seem to work things out before they doom us. For example, imagine how many people would have genuinely (and rightfully) feared nuclear war during the Cuban Missile Crisis? Close shave no doubt, but we're still here 54 years later and nuclear arms stocks are reducing. 

Offline David B

Geez you guys are pessimists! Agree that we have some of the issues above, but we're a remarkably clever and resilient species and we seem to work things out before they doom us. For example, imagine how many people would have genuinely (and rightfully) feared nuclear war during the Cuban Missile Crisis? Close shave no doubt, but we're still here 54 years later and nuclear arms stocks are reducing.

Yeah that last minute reprive is going to go bad once in a while isnt it.

You know they still have so many nukes that they could remove another 50% and they would still (even in a semi limited exchange) eject enough dirt into orbit to reduce plant growth to 5-10% on the surface.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
I made that decision as a teen decades ago. I didnt want to have kids and leave them to live in what the world is becoming.

Right now the government needs to pick up the kids in Melbourne that are roaming the streets in gangs and the families of those kids and deport them back to the holes they came from, even if the kids were born here. A show of strength like that might fix the problem but while the government treats these kids weakly it will continue to get worse.

Online looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
I made that decision as a teen decades ago. I didnt want to have kids and leave them to live in what the world is becoming.

Right now the government needs to pick up the kids in Melbourne that are roaming the streets in gangs and the families of those kids and deport them back to the holes they came from, even if the kids were born here. A show of strength like that might fix the problem but while the government treats these kids weakly it will continue to get worse.

Too many bleeding hearts for that unfortunately.

Just look at the situation in the NT. There is all this outcry about the treatment of those kids in detention. I bet there is more to the story.  That little dropkick who was in the video, what was he in for? How was he behaving? Perhaps if they do get poorly treated they will think twice before carjacking, or beating up a granny for her pension money etc.