Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Autistic savants, I think, display some of the qualities of learning by means other than working at it.

Offline Iggy_Type_R

Sorry I didn't mean that REM lasts a few seconds, I mean a DREAM that lasted a few seconds as such can actually be hours. REM comes in cycles (as you showed in that diagram above) ... in fact you can work out your natural cycles I think by monitoring when you wake up and working backwards to when you fell asleep. But yes, REM lasts for 15-30 min depending on which cycle you're at.

Ash, you're 100% right and as I told you in person, that is my life dream/goal to develop something like that.

Autistic Savants is what started me on this whole path (10 years now!) and have developed some theoretical (and some prototype) models of this and have run it past Prof Allan Synder in Sydney (one of the top Savant researchers in the world and co-founder of Emotiv headset - which I was involved in beta testing and have a unit at home), as well as Prof Alex Kaplan from Moscow, who has similar qualifications. Both have so far shown more supoprt for it than I had expected (considering I don't even have a science degree!!! let alone postgrad neuroscience).

With nootropics (neuroenhancers) and more research into Savants (especially something called "Sudden Savant" - boy gets hit in the head - left frontal lobe area - with a baseball, becomes Savant) will soon produce technology that will get us very close to "I know kung-fu" I think... and I hope I am at development front of it, not just consumer front ;)

ps. the company I started to develop my ideas is called Savant Learning Institute (grand name for basically me, myself and I ;) ) but hey... one day... you never know!

Ash, do you know a forum Immortality Institute? Some interested reading on there - good articles too ... lots of crap, but I think that's a normal state of an online forum hehehehe ;)

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
ps. the company I started to develop my ideas is called Savant Learning Institute

I'm the yang to your yin - Idiot Learning Institute. :doh: :D

Ash, do you know a forum Immortality Institute? Some interested reading on there - good articles too ... lots of crap, but I think that's a normal state of an online forum hehehehe ;)

Bookmarked for later reading. :cool:

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Cheese... vintage cheddar, the tangyer the better, last thing at night before you go to sleep...

you'll have good dreams near the point you wake up, and you'll remember them.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Cheese... vintage cheddar, the tangyer the better, last thing at night before you go to sleep...

you'll have good dreams near the point you wake up, and you'll remember them.

Either that or just clean your toenails.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
To the best of my knowledge, I have never had a dream in my life.
I know people will say I just cant remember them, that may be true, but the net results the same.

My girlfriend dreams a lot, and wakes me up to tell me about it, or even better to ask a question, like recently I was woken suddenly by her grabbing my shoulder in the middle of the night to be asked

'Do you like bears?'

So I dont really get the concept

I went to see inception and found it pretty silly

Offline dkabab

i love dreams.... wake up in the morning totally confused... its great.

i talk in my sleep, so does the missus. our clocks are way outa sinc, she works 3pm-1am so when she gets home, she tells me (when im awake) that i have conversations with her, but have no knowledge of it in the morning...
its never anything to 'worry about' if you know what i mean, but i talk as if i am in the dream and she is too.

some times i have woken up half way through a conversation trying to convince her something.. and realised i have no idea what i am talking about. its pretty funny at the time

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

To the best of my knowledge, I have never had a dream in my life.
I know people will say I just cant remember them, that may be true, but the net results the same.

That's pretty amazing - well just because it's assumed that everyone does, even if it's just vague memories of some random crap that your brain did overnight.  Never really looked into the prominence of non-dreamers. (don't you love that if you don't do something you're a "non"?  Like being a non-smoker...)

I absolutely RELISH the dreamless nights I have, I wake up much more fitful and snappy-brained.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

i love dreams.... wake up in the morning totally confused... its great.

That would be fine by me, but it's rare for me to get more than 2-3 hours sleep at a time, if I'm in bed before 3am I spend the first few hours properly asleep maybe half hour of that, the rest in a frustrating un-awake mode, then randomly waking up every hour or so. 

Hence I'm usually up until exhausted around 3-5am, and can get proper beauty sleep for a few hours. :tired:

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Cars ] crazy wedding? scud Today at 13:21
[ Cars ] Now who is a VERY HAPPY Lad :) Andy@MMRT Today at 11:25
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] Jokes PA Today at 11:19
[ Racing ] 2017 Formula 1 Season IExperiment Today at 09:21
[ McLaren ] McLaren 720S allanuber Today at 06:38
[ Off Topic ] Aussie Politics B2 Yesterday at 21:08
[ Ferrari ] Sandro Terzini and the Ferrari 250PF Fil-Ski Yesterday at 14:31