Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
I might have to give Futurism some of the meds Im on. One of the side effects is possible wild dreams....

The Airforce Vs Alien space ships one I had a few nights ago was worth paying cinema admission to watch.

Offline fivesix

I might have to give Futurism some of the meds Im on. One of the side effects is possible wild dreams....

The Airforce Vs Alien space ships one I had a few nights ago was worth paying cinema admission to watch.

Sure you were not just watching independence day?

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

You know you're in trouble when your dreams are more interesting than real life. :eek:

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

Sure you were not just watching independence day?

naaa id never pay cinema admission to watch that. Though I heard that when the White House got blown up there'd always be a huge cheer in the cinemas. That would have been funny to see.
You know you're in trouble when your dreams are more interesting than real life. :eek:
so thats not normal?  :( :( :irked:

Offline blaze182

• Drives: A45
This is my 6-8am time where I can get a few minutes here and there, it's really tough to hold onto, a delicate balance of awareness and unconsciousness.  I'm getting better at it, you can start to feel yourself slipping back into autopilot, when that happens force yourself to look at your watch or discern something of a specific colour, simple things you can embed as commands which will remind you to stay un-asleep. 

The other end of it is actually properly waking up, I find if I can keep my eyes closed there's half a chance I'll slip back under, but at that stage you can be really confused as you'll feel "awake" but like you're drunk.  This is the precipice of the bit you mentioned where the body is asleep - it's here that the body is now awake and you can control it - but you want to get back to being where you're unable to move your body.

After you can get yourself to this state, whats the next step? Your conciously aware of your surroundings, yet unable to interact with anything, etc. So what are you actually suppose to do?

I'm actually glad I read this cause its happened to me a few times, usually after a big flight I'll lay somewhere, or sit down and bang, I'm like a dead fish but awake and completely aware of everything around me. First time it happened it scared the living sh1t out of me, couldn't move, breathing slowed, I dead set thought I'd been poisoned or something, was very very scared. Infact I wondered then if I'd dreamed it until it happened a second time.

Never spoken about it cause - well it sounds a bit insane?

So, if this was to happen again, what are we actually suppose to do or experiment with when it hits? I for one, panic and try and snap out of it asap - but I can't... it snaps me out when it snaps me out =/
Australian & New Zealand AMG Owners Forum - www.worldofamg.com

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Try making the room properly dark. Get black-out linings for curtains, or get decent blinds whatever.

Light is energy. To sleep well, it's best removed.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I guess you've all had the dream where you know you're asleep and you know it's a dream, you want to wake up but you can't you're stuck in the dream, you jump up and down etc but you only wake when you wake you can't force yourself to wake, now thats creepy.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

i love dreams.... wake up in the morning totally confused... its great.

i talk in my sleep, so does the missus. our clocks are way outa sinc, she works 3pm-1am so when she gets home, she tells me (when im awake) that i have conversations with her, but have no knowledge of it in the morning...
its never anything to 'worry about' if you know what i mean, but i talk as if i am in the dream and she is too.

some times i have woken up half way through a conversation trying to convince her something.. and realised i have no idea what i am talking about. its pretty funny at the time
Get the app "Sleep Talker" and see what you say.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason