Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

got her a horse for Christmas, one of her ex syndicate race horses
never eaten Horse meat....................that i knew about.

Offline dkabab

i just don't get this whole designer dog thing..................

All pure breeds have been selective bred over years. All dogs are the same. Hence why they can breed. If they were different species, they couldn't breed.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

All pure breeds have been selective bred over years. All dogs are the same. Hence why they can breed. If they were different species, they couldn't breed.
thats my whole point..............so many good /quality breeds without settling on the current rubbish there been conning people into (Puppy farm) style design dogs.

Offline dkabab

thats my whole point..............so many good /quality breeds without settling on the current rubbish there been conning people into (Puppy farm) style design dogs.

My point was I don't see the difference. Once upon a time all pure breeds were hybrids. In 50-100 yrs a spoodle etc will be a pure breed.

Offline Paulstar

I think the main point of difference that a breeder will sell you on is that a 'pure breed' is pure in the sense that the injuries and illness specific to that breed historically (e.g. hip, eyes, cancers) and even the negative temperament specific to that breed have been bred out and the mother and father of the puppy you are about to buy were good or great specimens of the breed (maybe even champions)

so you are less likely to have issues with that animal whereas with a 'mutt' or a pet shop dog you typically don't know the bloodline you don't know if the mother had hip injuries or if the father had poor eye sight and if your new pup will be prone to getting those types of injuries.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

My point was I don't see the difference. Once upon a time all pure breeds were hybrids. In 50-100 yrs a spoodle etc will be a pure breed.
Theres a huge difference,the blood lines are poor due to demand,puppy farms thrive on these things,around my area theres dozens of the things..............never come across one that was well controled or had a brain.
sad for me is that many well breeds are dying out due to demand for these mutts.
Certainly many pure breeds have issues.............but the responsable breeders are with time controling the issues ie with the Cavalier spaniel and the heart issue,quality breeders are now only breeding with bitche's over the age 5,thus reducing the chance of heart murmour/failure.
the current design dogs are numbers game with poor control of issues due to the mighty dollar.
As i said ,I dont get it people pay often up to $1,200 for a puppy farm Mutt,when for similar money they can have a known breed .

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

I think the main point of difference that a breeder will sell you on is that a 'pure breed' is pure in the sense that the injuries and illness specific to that breed historically (e.g. hip, eyes, cancers) and even the negative temperament specific to that breed have been bred out and the mother and father of the puppy you are about to buy were good or great specimens of the breed (maybe even champions)

so you are less likely to have issues with that animal whereas with a 'mutt' or a pet shop dog you typically don't know the bloodline you don't know if the mother had hip injuries or if the father had poor eye sight and if your new pup will be prone to getting those types of injuries.
correct,main reason I went for a Border terrier,blood lines have new ,dogs have NO regular issues,smart/brave and live to an old age 16 to 18 years is often the time frame.
with my dogs breed ,did my research,spoke to Vets,read books,went to shows and spoke to people about the breeder and her dogs,as i did with Terry ,who lived till he was 15 1/2 years.try doing that with a dog from your local pet shop.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Not bad..11 weeks old,walking on the lead like a veteran.
comes on the command of "Come" with 2 short whistle blows.
sits on command and takes a treat with a soft mouth.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

little fellow is smart..to smart can't wait to start training him for the fox hunts/tracking.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Not bad..11 weeks old,walking on the lead like a veteran.
comes on the command of "Come" with 2 short whistle blows.
sits on command and takes a treat with a soft mouth.

most blokes I know come with two whistle blows
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.