Poll

Who will win?

Liberal National coalition
16 (76.2%)
Labor
5 (23.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Offline David B

how do you see it being a fair system when we pay a tremendous amount of tax to have the professional welfare recipients and generational unemployed see it all wasted.

IMHO it will be a fair system if centrelink is ever privatised and clamps down on all the cheats.

Here in SA we have damn high unemployment, yet I am advertising for extra staff and have very few applicants.  Perhaps people are happy receiving the dole, so should I be happy to be paying a shit load of tax.

it's not a fair system.

"see it all wasted"  ohh loaded statement my friend.  So when a unemployed person spends the dole on bread safeway dont use that revinue to employ someone ?  Think about it for a second. give me a direct answer about that dollar not contributing to the ecconomy but all the others that do !

Also you do know that economists say that 5% unemployed is effectively 0% employment ?
They say this because any lower and demand pushes up wages which lowers productivity and is BAD for the economy.
I dont say this, its classical neo con economics and its like reverse thinking but its well known in ecconomic circles and a mainstream concept.

So its arguable that 5% who are unemployed is not their direct fault its an outcome of a system that cannot allow full employment of all.  Just like the system cannot allow all to be millionaires if I give everyone a million dollars tomorrow, demand just inflates prices and we start from a new base cost for goods and services.

Thinking kills neo con arguments all the time.. every time.

Do all people deserve the dole... nope.   is it the least costly solution compared to no support, and the consequences of that.  Arguably yes.  Am I happy thats the case ?? no not really.

Is Australias current taxation system fair, sure once we get rid of negative gearing, tax havens for the rich and powerful, block the revolving door between ex politicians becoming board members for services rendered to the big end of town to maintain the status quo and stop allowing google to generate 5 billion in income and pay no tax and Apple inc paying 293 million in tax on 29 billion dollars of sold goods since the first Iphone was released here.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

This thread is about the election...

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Shorten had stroke of luck yesterday on route to another function when there was a bingle in front of his entourage. With cameras blazing he comforted the victims. They must be traumatised at their extreme bad luck firstly having a car accident then being confronted by Bill and the media.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Shorten had stroke of luck yesterday on route to another function when there was a bingle in front of his entourage. With cameras blazing he comforted the victims. They must be traumatised at their extreme bad luck firstly having a car accident then being confronted by Bill and the media.

I saw that and cursed.