Offline dkabab

from memory your lift is the same as mine, it will have a company name on the floor KONE or OTIS, and next to the number pad, there would be an emergency call button, and a plate saying the lift number and address etc...

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

There's no contact details in the elevator -

I guess they wiped the contact details when they were hosing out the blood and body bits from what happened last time.

Offline tasgirevik

• Drives: classic 911 = DD
But there was one instance a couple days ago that made me wonder how prepared I am for "day-to-day disaster".

Anyhoo, what are some "everyday" disasters you are prepared for?
Car crash , esp at night as I live a bit off the beaten urban track. Thus , window hammer and seatbelt cutter. On long trips with passenger they get their own. I might be unconscious. Also , I don't keep the hardware in the glovebox cos that is potentially inaccessible.
When you see the fishes (or possums) outside , you want all the Grylls Skylls you've got!

Offline Jamezilla

• Drives: BMWs for everyone!
  • Name: James

Did you at least bust out some quotes?
"Jesus Bob, what button did you push?"

I've found that a 2-year old always manages to find the emergency call button within 3 seconds of getting into a lift. I can send her over for some training if you like?

As for the big picture, I'm not specifically prepared for anything. I wouldn't know where to start. It has been said you never really know what you can do or how you will react until you have to. I hope I never find out.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
from memory your lift is the same as mine, it will have a company name on the floor KONE or OTIS, and next to the number pad, there would be an emergency call button, and a plate saying the lift number and address etc...

Schindlers lifts also... always tickles me when I see the tag.... (thinks of Schindlers list)

I'm prepared for invasion of idiots.

My charm and tact and diplomacy never fails me.

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
our otis lift has a "maxium" amount of people allowed, I wonder how many of plates they had made before they noticed the mistake
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

our otis lift has a "maxium" amount of people allowed, I wonder how many of plates they had made before they noticed the mistake
Just using left over plates from the Colosseum.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I'm acutely aware of how we're just fragile bags of meat, I've broken my neck, some ribs, a kneecap, some teeth, almost bitten off my tongue, have stitches in my face, throat, tongue, elbow, knee, leg, foot... Etc. :?

Fuck'n Hell!!!!!!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Interesting Elevator facts(maybe) Italy has around 900 thousand Elevators installed followed by the US with 700k and China with about 650k.

It was estimated that approximately eight 100-millionths of one percent (1 in 12 million) of elevator rides resulted in an anomaly, and the vast majority of these were minor things such as the doors failing to open.

There has never been a case where an Elevator has simply gone into free fall and killed the passengers until the 9-11 attacks on the Twin towers.

The only known free-fall incident in a modern cable-borne elevator happened in 1945 when a B-25 bomber struck the Empire State Building in fog, severing the cables of an elevator cab, which fell from the 75th floor all the way to the bottom of the building, seriously injuring (though not killing) the sole occupant - the female elevator operator.

Of the 20 to 30 elevator-related deaths each year, most of them are maintenance-related - for example, technicians leaning too far into the shaft or getting caught between moving parts, and most of the rest are attributed to easily avoidable accidents, such as people stepping blindly through doors that open into empty shafts or being strangled by scarves caught in the doors.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
There has never been a case where an Elevator has simply gone into free fall and killed the passengers

Great, now I'm always going to be wondering why I had to be the first. :?

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ McLaren ] 675 LT Spider 360c Today at 21:09
[ Cars ] Spotted thread Alpinem3e92 Today at 16:24
[ Racing ] 2017 Formula 1 Tipping game mondi Today at 10:27
[ Racing ] Seeking photos of Brian Ginger - died in 1993 London-Sydney Marathon Chicky01 Yesterday at 17:38
[ Ferrari ] 812 Superfast shack Yesterday at 16:57
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] it's funny cause i'm drunk!! dodger Yesterday at 16:20
[ Racing ] Australian GT series dkabab Yesterday at 13:32
[ Off Topic ] Real Estate 360c Yesterday at 11:48