Offline NBTBRV8

Yes you can buy numbers, just need to find somebody that wants to sell them.  They cost nothing to port across, so it just comes down to the value of the number to you on how much you want to pay.

The difficulty for me is that this guy is in Melbourne and I am in Tasmania, so it is hard to go to a Telstra shop together.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Yes you can buy numbers, just need to find somebody that wants to sell them.  They cost nothing to port across, so it just comes down to the value of the number to you on how much you want to sell.

The difficulty for me is that this guy is in Melbourne and I am in Tasmania, so it is hard to go to a Telstra shop together.
I'm in Melbourne if that helps

Offline NBTBRV8

I'm in Melbourne if that helps

Thanks, but I don't feel comfortable asking somebody to see somebody else who could be dodgy that I can't vouch for.

We can fill out the paperwork via email and scan it, but he won't do this without I pay up front.  And I am reluctant to pay up front and then not get the paperwork.  Hence the stand off.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Thanks, but I don't feel comfortable asking somebody to see somebody else who could be dodgy that I can't vouch for.

We can fill out the paperwork via email and scan it, but he won't do this without I pay up front.  And I am reluctant to pay up front and then not get the paperwork.  Hence the stand off.

I thought the shop should be able to do it on your behalf????

Offline NBTBRV8

I thought the shop should be able to do it on your behalf????

No, I have to provide ID to a Telstra shop to prove who I am.  And they won't do that over the phone.

this it he porting form:

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/small-business/my-account/pdf/change-of-ownership-c2c.pdf

He needs to relinquish it, then I need to take ownership.  He could relinquish it by signing the form and giving the form to me, but if I pay the money how do I know that I will get the form?

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

No, I have to provide ID to a Telstra shop to prove who I am.  And they won't do that over the phone.

this it he porting form:

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/small-business/my-account/pdf/change-of-ownership-c2c.pdf

He needs to relinquish it, then I need to take ownership.  He could relinquish it by signing the form and giving the form to me, but if I pay the money how do I know that I will get the form?
Send the form to me I'll meet him at Telstra hawthorn or camberwell I'll check all is ok with them then I hand over the form and take the cash I'll then transfer to you by EFT ??

Offline NBTBRV8

Send the form to me I'll meet him at Telstra hawthorn or camberwell I'll check all is ok with them then I hand over the form and take the cash I'll then transfer to you by EFT ??

Would you really want to take that risk for me?  I'm happy enough to pay you extra for the security if you do.  I'd have to give him your mobile number though most likely.

I really don't want to put anybody at risk though...

PM me if you want to assist.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Would you really want to take that risk for me?  I'm happy enough to pay you extra for the security if you do.  I'd have to give him your mobile number though most likely.

I really don't want to put anybody at risk though...

PM me if you want to assist.
What makes you think there's a risk ?
I'd call him initially to check him out PM me his name and number I don't mind helping out. If he sounds dodgy I'll pass.

Offline bbb

I didn't know you could buy phone numbers except 1300s

When I changed to Telstra about 5 years ago I paid I think $50 extra to choose my number, I sat on their computer scrolling through pages of numbers until I found one I liked

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] it's funny cause i'm drunk!! anotherforumuser Today at 00:33
[ Cars ] Maserati - The only Assetto Corsa in Australia ? EZ95 Yesterday at 20:27
[ Off Topic ] Real Estate allanuber Yesterday at 19:46
[ Off Topic ] Music Fil-Ski Yesterday at 19:35
[ Cars ] Underground Parking at Home Joel Yesterday at 17:45
[ Cars ] Stolen R8 dodger Yesterday at 10:56
[ Porsche ] Porsche 991 GT3 NBTBRV8 Yesterday at 10:46