Offline dkabab

so ive just challenged myself to lose some weight. got the next 2 weeks off work so im planning on really getting stuck into it.
this morning i rowed for 30 mins (nearly collapsing) and will do the same this arvo.... and every day for the next 2 weeks, from then on it will be once a day. will squeeze in 5+ games of golf (walking no buggies)
i guess one other important thing is input. im pretty fussy with food, not a big salad eater.  :? what am i meant to eat?

any of you guys tackled this

ideally id like to lose 15kg total. take me back to 95 which is a good weight for me/height

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
The eating side of stuff is often hardly worth asking others - everyone will have their own "system" and crap like that, the ones which are most effective are going to be largely untenable if you hope to maintain any kind of social lifestyle.  Whenever I had a live-in gf I'd be 10-15kg overweight simply because of lazy social eating - eg having big dinners for the sake of having something to eat - whereas when I'm by myself I don't even think of food unless I'm actually really hungry.

The only real solution which can work for anybody who's not a major exerciser is the simple good old moderation.  The people that tell you don't eat this or that cos it's "bad" for you shit me off - sure, if that's all you eat - but I've never got fat off a single meal. 

Most people's bodies are great at digesting any sort of junk you throw at it and turning it to energy - by now you know what makes you feel good - I'm not talking about just the taste and the act of stuffing your face, but the next 6-12 hours.  People look at the steaks I eat and it makes them grimace - fact is I feel really good for the next whole day after a good dose of blood and meat, whereas when I have a Hungry Jacks burger or meat pie I feel like crap for the next 12 hours or so - but I sometimes really crave them (usually after lots of drinking the night before) and it's worth it to satisfy it. 

Aside from that though, 90% of my meals are just normal healthy crap - tuna rolls, muesli, caeser salad, chicken & capsicum, stir fries, etc, plus I drink heaps of juice - I really love V-Plenish Citrus Splash, and according to the labelling a cup of that is equal to 1 serve each of fruit and veg.

Things to cut out are the grazing stuff that you just consume randomly during the day at the desk - crisps and soft drinks - I'll never deny it when I'm out at a function or whatever, but sitting there at the desk munching away and sucking soda (even the "diet" stuff) is the one that does crap to you.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

I lost 25 kilos in 12 weeks a couple of years ago that had crept on over some years. After 6 months touring the USA I need to loose a few kilos too.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline CortinaD

so ive just challenged myself to lose some weight. got the next 2 weeks off work so im planning on really getting stuck into it.
this morning i rowed for 30 mins (nearly collapsing) and will do the same this arvo.... and every day for the next 2 weeks, from then on it will be once a day. will squeeze in 5+ games of golf (walking no buggies)
i guess one other important thing is input. im pretty fussy with food, not a big salad eater.  :? what am i meant to eat?

any of you guys tackled this

ideally id like to lose 15kg total. take me back to 95 which is a good weight for me/height

Good luck  :thumbsup:

Offline dkabab

ash i agree with you on the moderation. its just when you're eating something thats so tastey, you want as much as possible and over eat. its hard to just eat smaller portions. ive always been a large eater, its just ive always done more physical activity than i do these days. i used to row at high school, play squash 3 times a week and baseball which i still play.... but not at top level any more.
i dont expect to "diet" for a week and lose it for life, i just need to shed the excess weight so i can consistantly keep it off from regular exercise.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
I lost 25 kilos in 12 weeks a couple of years ago that had crept on over some years.

you can't make a statement like that without telling us how!!!!!!!!!!!

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

you can't make a statement like that without telling us how!!!!!!!!!!!

I can email the info of what I ate when I get home next week.
Spent about 30 to 60 minutes several times a week exercising.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
I can email the info of what I ate when I get home next week.
Spent about 30 to 60 minutes several times a week exercising.

*waiting*

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Just don't eat too much this week and doing some light exercising. Remember to change hands to avoid straining yourself.