Offline calais

• Drives: WRX
Here is an interesting regular running event, 8am Saturdays - 5km and timed. No entry fee and well organised.

Adelaide only has the single venue at the moment, a circuit along the Torrens River from the weir to the the zoo and back. Numbers have grown to roughly 65 in the last few weeks. I have "competed" 3 times during the Christmas / New Year holidays. My PB was 21:48.

http://www.parkrun.com.au

parkrun organise free, weekly, 5km timed runs around the world. They are open to everyone, free, and are safe and easy to take part in.
These events take place in pleasant parkland surroundings and we encourage people of every ability to take part; from those taking their first steps in running to Olympians; from juniors to those with more experience; we welcome you all.
Using the events page, select the event you are most interested in and review all the information about the course, local news items, the photo gallery and information about volunteering. Also, take a look at the extensive results page where you will find an incredible amount of information about your past performance.
If you’re interested in signing up to run at an existing parkrun event, or you fancy starting an event where you live, click the buttons below to find out more...

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Ash is using his interpretations of the science to maximise his 'enjoyment' windows while doing enough to stay/be healthy. He'll sell a million copies of the 'good enough is great diet and exercise plan'.

Efficiency is the God of the lazy.

But you make a great point - that is an awesome book cover.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Efficiency is the God of the lazy.

But you make a great point - that is an awesome book cover.

Where ya been? Anyhoo - start the book   :D
C'mon, do it!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
However here's some real inspiration - this guy is 42 and he went from a body similar to mine now (a bit flabby) to cut like a mofo in 6 months using targetted/cyclical keto, IF, and weights. It's a fascinating read.

That reddit page is fantastic, boils down about 20billionty other pages of waffle into a great summary of what the guy did. He's certainly lost some kilos (which I think is the very, very hard part over the long term), however I think his current shape is pretty achieveable though for anyone who's lifting some heavy weights (IF they can trash the flab)?

The dude has just done an AMA (Ask Me Anything): http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1didp2/kotw_rketo_we_present_darthluiggi/

[img]http://i.imgur.com/G77EXULh.jpg?1[/img\

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Never seen anyone that could pull faces with their body as well as that guy.

Offline Neru

Anyone doing tough mudder?