Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

So most of us have more than one interest, that is away from cars.

Waz seems to be into collecting Push bikes, Ash is a Steak nut and PP loves hunting Rabbits(by that I mean FF).

Well, one of my other hobbies is Snakes. Lots of fun and a real cuddly pet, as long as it's not around the neck  :eek:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

what is it?

That is a Hybrid Diamond Python.

It is the result of breading from a Yellow/Green Diamond and a Black/White Diamond.
The colors and patterns are quite spectacular, the photo does not do any justice.

I will be doing some more photos on the weekend, if they come out I will post so you get a better idea of the colors. 

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I've had a whole bunch of outback fauna as a pet at one stage.  The usual snakes and lizards, plus a baby Emu (didn't last long) and a mountain goat (freakin hilarious!!) and a razorback pig which acted like a dog and several kangaroos and heaps of other stuff.

Most traumatic pet loss was a joey roo back in 1990.  We hit the mother in our HQ Kingswood in middle Victoria (20km from Ivanhoe I believe) and she died but she had a fully-furred joey in the pouch.  We pulled it out, and it came straight to me (I was about 13) and looked down my baggy t-shirt, I pulled the neck of my t-shirt down and it jumped straight in!!! :eek:

Anyhoo - we had it for maybe six months and it was just a fantastic little pet who would follow you around and go on adventures in the bush al a Skippy etc.  Then on one assignment that my old-man was on (he built massive sheds that took many months to complete) was on a big sheep station - well, oneday the roo was out the front of our quarters and the cocky's dogs got a look in.  Let's just say it was a very sad sight watching it fret to death in my mums arms. :(

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

So most of us have more than one interest, that is away from cars.

Waz seems to be into collecting Push bikes, Ash is a Steak nut and PP loves hunting Rabbits(by that I mean FF).

Well, one of my other hobbies is Snakes. Lots of fun and a real cuddly pet, as long as it's not around the neck  :eek:

Snakes scare the crap out of me.  Lovely animals, but still scared.

Have tried holding one once but chickened out.  The skin was beautiful and smooth.  Its a fear I must get over one day.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter

Have tried holding one once but chickened out.  The skin was beautiful and smooth.  Its a fear I must get over one day.

i'm trying very hard not to picture you holding your snake.

i suspect you do it a lot.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Come over one day and have a hold of the 7 Foot Darwin, that will help with your fears. He is as Gentle as.... well nothing to compare to here.

Most traumatic pet loss was a joey roo back in 1990.  We hit the mother in our HQ Kingswood in middle Victoria (20km from Ivanhoe I believe) and she died but she had a fully-furred joey in the pouch.  We pulled it out, and it came straight to me (I was about 13) and looked down my baggy t-shirt, I pulled the neck of my t-shirt down and it jumped straight in!!! :eek:

Anyhoo - we had it for maybe six months and it was just a fantastic little pet who would follow you around and go on adventures in the bush al a Skippy etc.  Then on one assignment that my old-man was on (he built massive sheds that took many months to complete) was on a big sheep station - well, oneday the roo was out the front of our quarters and the cocky's dogs got a look in.  Let's just say it was a very sad sight watching it fret to death in my mums arms. :(

Ash, man, that is one of the saddest storys I have heard to do with losing pets, it did bring a tear to the eye.  :(

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Ash, man, that is one of the saddest storys I have heard to do with losing pets, it did bring a tear to the eye.  :(

I can't believe how vivid and visceral the memories of a little kangaroo are 18 years later :(  yet I can't remember the names of half the girls I've dated in the last 6 months. :?

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
wait a minute...what happened to my hilarious post about brett spending too much time holding a snake?

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Check the BS thread.

Edit:  I put your hilarious post back here.