Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Paulstar

oh these coupon sites make me sad, i was super keen to get one started about 3 months ago, wireframed it, built a few pages then the 9-5 started kicking my ass badly and it fell by the way side, might have to dust it off an pick it up over the xmas break  :scratchchin:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

What about Groupon and their $6b offer!   :eek:

Stumble on the right idea and it's like picking up gold nuggets off the ground......with one of these.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

hhehehehe

It's ok I just realised I'm free, rich and can have all the women money can buy :D

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

oh these coupon sites make me sad, i was super keen to get one started about 3 months ago, wireframed it, built a few pages then the 9-5 started kicking my ass badly and it fell by the way side, might have to dust it off an pick it up over the xmas break  :scratchchin:

Good luck, I don't think you'll be the only one now though.

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
Good luck, I don't think you'll be the only one now though.
They are the flavour of the month now it seems. Apparently Yahoo is buying up all the 'successful' coupon sites including a Sydney-based site although I forget the name.

Also the supposed $6bn offer for Groupon was all just hearsay, none of the reports were confirmed. I think a lot of tech blogs just got over excited. At one point they reported that Groupon makes $2bn in annual revenue when the real figure is more like $800 million.

On a related note, VW is selling Jettas for $5,995 - which for all you rich folk is $10,000 less than the MRP - on coupon site Gilt. Catch is only one will be available per day over 3 days.

Personally I love the web and I'm right into social media and start up websites. Previously worked for CarAdvice and saw that go from a little personal blog to a massive player in the new car review market.

Starting my own site at the moment, check out carmooch.com if you get a chance.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
They are the flavour of the month now it seems. Apparently Yahoo is buying up all the 'successful' coupon sites including a Sydney-based site although I forget the name.

Also the supposed $6bn offer for Groupon was all just hearsay, none of the reports were confirmed. I think a lot of tech blogs just got over excited. At one point they reported that Groupon makes $2bn in annual revenue when the real figure is more like $800 million.

On a related note, VW is selling Jettas for $5,995 - which for all you rich folk is $10,000 less than the MRP - on coupon site Gilt. Catch is only one will be available per day over 3 days.

Personally I love the web and I'm right into social media and start up websites. Previously worked for CarAdvice and saw that go from a little personal blog to a massive player in the new car review market.

Starting my own site at the moment, check out carmooch.com if you get a chance.

more accurate site name would be  carnotmuch.com

may be better to promote it when theres... content?
C'mon, do it!

Offline carmooch

more accurate site name would be  carnotmuch.com

may be better to promote it when theres... content?
I'm not here to promote the site, I just linked to it to show my interest in online business as per the conversation. Although if you are genuinely interested then all the content is at carmooch.com/blog until the full site goes live.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
I'm not here to promote the site, I just linked to it to show my interest in online business as per the conversation. Although if you are genuinely interested then all the content is at carmooch.com/blog until the full site goes live.

Looked. Perhaps we mean different things by content.

/blog just seems to have more chatter about how the site's going to be epic ... roll on Feb then so we can see your real stuff.
C'mon, do it!

Offline carmooch

Fair enough. It is intentionally vague at the moment as I don't want to show my hand just yet. Will let you know when it goes live! :)