Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I've got a new site running myself, won't mention it here, not car related, sent out 2000 emails so far to get subscribers, limited response, it will take time but these things do, once they get a foothold though........hang on :D

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
I've got a new site running myself, won't mention it here, not car related, sent out 2000 emails so far to get subscribers, limited response, it will take time but these things do, once they get a foothold though........hang on :D
Get yourself on Twitter! Its a fantastic way to connect with people on a more personal level. I've had a great response from people in the industry offering their support and encouragement. It does take time to build a good presence though.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Get yourself on Twitter! Its a fantastic way to connect with people on a more personal level. I've had a great response from people in the industry offering their support and encouragement. It does take time to build a good presence though.

Mate of mine says he'll set me up on facebook, he's a real expert at all things media.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Mate of mine says he'll set me up on facebook, he's a real expert at all things media.
?????? all you do is sign up with your email adress and fill out the profile...... much the same as joining AE forum  :doh:
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

?????? all you do is sign up with your email adress and fill out the profile...... much the same as joining AE forum  :doh:

Yes I know that but there are ways of doing it to get yourself seen more than just signing up... or so I'm told.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Yes I know that but there are ways of doing it to get yourself seen more than just signing up... or so I'm told.

lol yeah key words and pay FB for targeted advertising spots dependent on certain demographics/favourites/searches and posts.

EG: the ads around my facebook page is related to travel overseas and cars.... mainly because my pics, posts, searches, likes ect.... revolve around this....

Change your status updates to something like "save the whales" and a lot of the ads will be about the environment ect....

Social Media and Marketing is growing extremely fast, I had to include it half way through my degree because it basically came out of nowhere over night.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline carmooch

Can't say I'm a fan of Facebook for business. In my opinion it seems that most often people will just Like a page then completely forget about it.

The sponsored advertising links are brilliant though. I always find myself clicking them since they target my interests so well.

What did you study Wattens?

Offline hydie

Can't say I'm a fan of Facebook for business. In my opinion it seems that most often people will just Like a page then completely forget about it.
They will only forget about the page if its not updated regularly.

Say you post a new article on your site, then get a program/plugin (i'm have been playing around with a few the past few days) to automatically send it as a status update, therefore appearing in your news feed. It will attract page views, I guarantee that.

If you look at some major international brands and what they are up to, you can get ideas to adapt to yours.

Once you get the 'Likes', it really can work.

Offline carmooch

That's the thing though, they don't appear in my news feed.

Some appear and some don't, its strange. For example the CarAdvice feed is updated automatically when a new article is posted on the website but it doesn't appear in my news feed. I know I haven't hidden it since I used to maintain it.

Is it possible that Facebook starts to automatically hide updates which it thinks you have lost interest in?

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I have the domain name backchat.com.au would be good for social networking I think, no time to do it or think it through.
Great domain name the ABC branded it ages ago.