Offline Tiger

So how many times has a profile of a person that you called on your mobile a day or so before and boom they pop up on facebook do you know this person? WTF!

The f#ckers know who you are talking to and then link you on Facebook.
Roll on summer

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

So how many times has a profile of a person that you called on your mobile a day or so before and boom they pop up on facebook do you know this person? WTF!

The f#ckers know who you are talking to and then link you on Facebook.

thats coz either you or your mates phone syncs to your computer and then shacks software works out what you have done in the past few hours.

simple solution -  get rid of Facebook or get off the net

Offline Tiger

thats coz either you or your mates phone syncs to your computer and then shacks software works out what you have done in the past few hours.

It's phone not PC related say I call you and you are also on Facebook, your profile pops up on Facebook in a day or so.

Facebook has mobile numbers so it works out that you have called a number that is also on Facebook and makes the connection. I don't have a Facebook app installed on my phone.

Roll on summer

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

+1.

and some are worried about census.  :rolleyes:

Offline Tiger

+1.

and some are worried about census.  :rolleyes:

I have nothing to hide, I know a lot of folk give way to much info on Facebook.

Roll on summer

Offline dkabab

Supposedly Facebook listens to your microphone while your phone is in standby and relates its content to your conversations. I've only heard of this and not experienced first hand but it's supposedly it's true. Try it. Start talking about a few key words and see what pops up

Offline Tiger

Supposedly Facebook listens to your microphone while your phone is in standby and relates its content to your conversations. I've only heard of this and not experienced first hand but it's supposedly it's true. Try it. Start talking about a few key words and see what pops up

😉
Roll on summer

Offline jamesatfish

Correct, but this "feature" is only active in the US at the moment.

Essentially the Facebook app listens to the microphone whenever the app is active (even in the background), flags any key words it recognises and uses those to display more targeted Facebook ads.

You can of course disable the "feature" within the App settings, or by denying the App access to your microphone.

Check out the picture doing the rounds of Mark Zuckerberg at his desk in the Facebook HQ - you can see the black tape he's placed over the microphone and camera on his own computer...

https://www.hackread.com/mark-zuckerbergs-laptop-cam-tape/

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Meh, what are you worried about. You are getting tracked whatever you do............

I started watching a TV series in Stan and Boom!!!! what comes up on Fakebook??? Yep, an Ad saying the new series of the TV is about to come out and you can see it on PayTV channel XYZ............

The only way to stop this is to go completely off line, lose the phone, iPad, computer, etc, etc, etc and pay by cash................

Offline Tiger

Meh, what are you worried about. You are getting tracked whatever you do............

I started watching a TV series in Stan and Boom!!!! what comes up on Fakebook??? Yep, an Ad saying the new series of the TV is about to come out and you can see it on PayTV channel XYZ............

The only way to stop this is to go completely off line, lose the phone, iPad, computer, etc, etc, etc and pay by cash................

I can see the stick mag market picking up again.
Roll on summer