Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I'm interested in your views on this.

How different do you view it from the use of individual trackable door entry codes or magnetic access codes.

For me, it's not the legal issue (if there is one). As an employer who wants the the best staff I can find, I would avoid ANYTHING that might piss them off. I want people to feel good about me, the company and how it operates. I want them to tell their friends and family that it's a great place to work. I want them to feel happy when they arrive and motivated when they are at work. It's as simple as that.

FWIW, fingerprinting has criminal connotations. In a workplace with a few dozen people, it's heavy-handed and over the top. An access card is enough.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

This.

I know a person who is locked up for life without the possibility of being released for 2 murders that he never done.

Andy Dufresne. Don't worry.  He'll find a way to get out.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

For me, it's not the legal issue (if there is one). As an employer who wants the the best staff I can find, I would avoid ANYTHING that might piss them off. I want people to feel good about me, the company and how it operates. I want them to tell their friends and family that it's a great place to work. I want them to feel happy when they arrive and motivated when they are at work. It's as simple as that.

FWIW, fingerprinting has criminal connotations. In a workplace with a few dozen people, it's heavy-handed and over the top. An access card is enough.

with iPhones and iPads having biometrics the younger generation will soon be thinking nothing of fingerprint recognition. But I understand your point.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
WHy would members of the public want to view the footage?

Fights, cars being broken into, bikes being stolen, bags being stolen, cars being vandalized or crashed into,  "did my boyfriend come in yesterday at 5pm ?" and a million other reasons

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

An easy attitude to take in a business where there is little to steal. Try maintaining  it in a business full of tempting goods, drugs and cash. Not so easy. Having said that, I draw the  line at things like bag searches which are common in retail.
Many of my staff have been with me for over 20 years, sometimes 30+ years.
They have seen the same shit I have and understand why it has to be done. Every few years we seem to have a major incident that reinforces the need for all this security.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
If you're that worried about it Dave I think I still have some spare fingers from my old debt collecting business that you can use.  :mischief: :thumbsup:

Offline Sparkz

• Drives: Datsun
Andy Dufresne. Don't worry.  He'll find a way to get out.

Jailed in 1996 and been 'offered' to be deported back to his native country to spend the rest of his sentence where he will be set 'free' in his native country upon arrival.

But refuses to be deported.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Got a full set of these I can sell ya, ready to go with PP's prints pre installed.........     :p

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

An easy attitude to take in a business where there is little to steal. Try maintaining  it in a business full of tempting goods, drugs and cash. Not so easy. Having said that, I draw the  line at things like bag searches which are common in retail.
Many of my staff have been with me for over 20 years, sometimes 30+ years.
They have seen the same shit I have and understand why it has to be done. Every few years we seem to have a major incident that reinforces the need for all this security.

Dave says it's being used for access and time sheeting. My point is that fingerprinting is overkill if you want to know when people are arriving at and leaving work.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Dave says it's being used for access and time sheeting. My point is that fingerprinting is overkill if you want to know when people are arriving at and leaving work.

What are your thoughts about putting GPS's in Company cars?????

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Cars ] OFFICIAL - 2015 FERRARI F12 TDF !!! bobbo Yesterday at 23:25
[ Off Topic ] Are we at War yet???? 360c Yesterday at 22:19
[ Cars ] Spotted thread dkabab Yesterday at 18:39
[ Ferrari ] Australian Delivered 308GTB 'glass 360c Yesterday at 17:27
[ Cars ] The cool other car photo thread allanuber Yesterday at 16:28
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] it's funny cause i'm drunk!! dodger Yesterday at 15:00
[ Off Topic ] Teevee and moovees dodger Yesterday at 09:55