Offline dkabab

Anyone into fishing much? Being summer, it’s a good time (weather wise) to head out and wet a line.
Went fishing yesterday arvo and caught nothing….  :banghead: Mind you everyone either side of me was catching whiting…

Would love to head out on a boat but don’t have one…

Offline waz356

"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot." Steven Wright

Offline CortinaD

I love fishing. I was only talking about it the other day as I had the itch to go sit on the torrens and fish for some carp.

Don't get out as much as I like, used to go out to the port pretty much every week with either my old man or M500's brother for about 6 years but uni, work, and the govt closing off all the good spots put a stop to that.

Offline dkabab

"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot." Steven Wright

lol i like that!

I think my problem was I’m not Bulgarian or Vietnamese.... or the fact i didnt have 15 lines in the water.....  :(

Offline dkabab

I love fishing. I was only talking about it the other day as I had the itch to go sit on the torrens and fish for some carp.

where along the mighty torrens do you do that?

Offline CortinaD

where along the mighty torrens do you do that?

I haven't been for 10 years but I used to sit on near the bridge on the western bank facing the zoo using a float and tiger worms or bread for bait. Typically caught 20-30cm ones Latched on to monster but it snapped my line and i could never get it in, it would have been over 600mm long. I fished on the bank out front of the Hyatt one day too and caught my biggest one there using the same technique.

I saw an oriental gentleman fishing there last Friday and caught one so they are still around.

Offline dkabab

i was thinking this arvo i might go drop a line in off the rocks by the holdfast shores inlet at glenelg...  :scratchchin:

Offline dkabab

i was thinking this arvo i might go drop a line in off the rocks by the holdfast shores inlet at glenelg...  :scratchchin:

was a good spot... pretty windy, but caught about 20 of these smallish fish. not keepable but good fun catching. we eventually threw the back...
if anyone knows what they are... im not sure. at first we thought they were tommys but then someone said they were salmon... who knows.
and then stacey caught a bream..... too small anyway.

Offline CortinaD

They are called shitties (trumpeters)

Were they croaking when you were holding them?

Offline dkabab

just flapping about... i have heard of them. i assume they dont get much bigger?

was pretty rough down there today. wonder if its any better when calmer