Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
well, after yet another crap steak just when i had a real surge of bloodlust that needed to be sated, it is my mission to seek out only quality steaks.

oh yeah, so Tiffins on the Park is another place to be avoided if you're looking for a good steak. fwiw though, their burger is one of the best i've ever had.

next time i cook one i'll document it properly.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

oh yeah, i forgot the point of this...  :doh:

any good steak forums out there?  went looking but couldn't find any.  perhaps i have to make one...

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

i also registered HighSteaks.com  :D

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Any tips on cooking or dining etc...?

Used to dine out most of the time, but lately being single again have been buying good stuff to cook at home - soooo many rib-eyes over the last few months... :p

Tonight I have an atlantic salmon steak and a bunch of fresh scallops delete shell/roe.  Watched a dozen youtube vids of scallop cooking and still trying to figger out what I want to do, probably just sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook in a garlic butter and herb concoction and splash on some lemon juice while cooking.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Just tried one of the scallops raw - *nothing* like what they are fresh out of the shell... used to go out with the old man and sit in the boat while he dove and brought up bags and bags of the things, I'd have to eat as many as I could early on because despite all that effort to get fresh scallops - they'd cook them up and put 90% of them in jars of vinegar. :rolleyes:

BTW - last chick who dumped me never cooked, I would have been the chef of the family - my cooking skills are ok but mostly extend to being able to swear as frequently as Gordon Ramsay.

Offline 265T

Tonight I have an atlantic salmon

my wife cooked salmon for dinner tonight,

she tops it with capsicum that she grills, removes the skin, then chops & fries with garlic, butter, lemon, salt & pepper

served with cous cous (yum)

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Ok, I dusted the scallops with a nice and mild salt-n-pepper combo - it has a very vanilla smell to it, it's quite nice when used lightly.

Then I put together a garlic, butter and chives mixture in the cauldron and coated the salmon.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

In the mean-time I had the balcony bbq heating up, got it nice and hot and chucked it all on there - salmon skin-side down.

After 2-3 mins I flipped them all, a minute or so later I sprinkled some garlic virgin olive oil over the skin-side of the salmon and flipped it back over so there would be lots of flames and it would crisp up the skin properly.

Sadly I didn't have any lemon juice left and didn't feel like going to the shop - still, it turned out very tasty. :yummy: