Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I didn't know that  ;) I posted the link 'cos I thought the ending was funny.

I already do that......     :o

I have a new Falcon as the work Taxis and i think they may have already shut down half of the plant. It's Shit and I am being nice......

Offline Joel

its a business that was losing $100m+ a year. It would be stupid to keep it open. People forget that things cost money, like wages and super and all the other things that go with running a business.

Like what was stated earlier people spoke with their wallets and went else where.

I feel sorry for the workers and it is terrible but that is the nature of the beast. No ones job is 100% secure. Unless your unemployed
 :D

Offline schmik325

Sad thing is, the FG is actually a really nice car to drive. Maybe a bit big and thirsty but still a good drive. Much nicer than a VE imo.

FPV ceased F6 ute production in the first few months of this yr, and the F6 Sedan looked to be on the chopping block too.

As you say, people just aren't buying them.

Offline Dave_A

I have an FG F6 ute,I can tell you apart from straight line speed,the car is absolute garbage,poorly built and I just don't feel safe driving this thing at high speed,my wife refuses to drive it for this very reason.
 I much prefer driving my wifes tubo diesel C class actually.

Offline Neru

I looked after ford ceo meeting in Sunday, managers from all over Australia and America were in discussion for the whole day and I wasn't allowed in the room.  All the windows and doors we blocked as well... I just assumed new model launch

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
I have an FG F6 ute,I can tell you apart from straight line speed,the car is absolute garbage,poorly built and I just don't feel safe driving this thing at high speed,my wife refuses to drive it for this very reason.
having 2 car/ truck rental companies i havent bought a ford since the AU falcon, renters dont want big cars and they were heaps of shit. We dont buy anything Australian, the market never asks if the vehicle is made in Aust, they just want small econ japanese or korean cars
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline schmik325

LOL

I've got one too, its more fun than my AMG at 1/3 the price.

It is for sure overpowered but it makes you respect it. Can carry a heavy load too

Offline Dave_A

Must be just mine then, or me :D

Offline schmik325

Na you are right, they are a bucket. The other day my mrs was driving it (the AMG is in the shop, again), get a ph call and she says the engine wont turn off when she takes the key out.

Turns out some 5 cent size metal piece behind the ignition barrel is sheered off and thats not sold separetly, so $1,500 later I have a new steering column. Car is 9 months out of warranty.

I reckon its from people trying to start the car with the key rather than using the start button.

Anyway, its still a kick ass ute :) I am selling it for a Vito van though as child number 2 is on the way

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Interesting about the ute reviews.
Correct me if I am wrong but they still have leaf rear suspension.

I have the ssv Holden.
I would have got the ford if I could have had the g6e turbo as a ute and normal sedan suspension as I don't carry any load.