Offline NBTBRV8

Guys,

I am looking at a buying a set of wheels from the US but the freight seems pretty expensive, AUD$1200 - $2000.  I don't need them that quick and would be happy to wait 2-4 weeks.

Any recommendations?

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Avoid tnt.

UPS are great in my experience.

Wheels are big, the volume cubes out to high prices regardless of weight.

Offline Moneybags

I have had 4 sets of tyres/ rims sent over from the states and from my experience it really depends on the seller and the rates that they can get from fedex/tnt or whomever they use. Average rate I Paid was around $200 - $250 for freight.

Try a few different sellers would be your best option.

Offline NBTBRV8

I have had 4 sets of tyres/ rims sent over from the states and from my experience it really depends on the seller and the rates that they can get from fedex/tnt or whomever they use. Average rate I Paid was around $200 - $250 for freight.

Try a few different sellers would be your best option.

It is a private sale on eBay.  I have been trying online quotes through Google searching can't find anything.  They are

1 x 25" x 25" x 15" - 31lbs
1 x 25" x 25" x 15" - 31lbs
1 x 25" x 25" x 18" - 36lbs
1 x 25" x 25" x 18" - 36lbs

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
For that price you could fly over and bring them back in suitcases and hand luggage

Offline Moneybags

If you haven't already purchased them, shop around different US sellers for new ones. You may find that the price of new plus a discounted freight charge may be cheaper than the 2nd hand set.

Also factor in that if customs thinks it's worth more than $1k you will be hit up with more charges. shipito would send them for about $200 US a wheel.

Offline Moneybags

Actyally thought of one more site you could try.

Had a friend use this one

USAtoAus.com

worked out well.

Offline NBTBRV8

If you haven't already purchased them, shop around different US sellers for new ones. You may find that the price of new plus a discounted freight charge may be cheaper than the 2nd hand set.

Also factor in that if customs thinks it's worth more than $1k you will be hit up with more charges. shipito would send them for about $200 US a wheel.

These are a second hand set of 4, so the price of one new wheel (needs painting too) is about the same as a used set of 4.  I did ship a set of 18" inch wheels about 2 years ago with USPS for US$550 a set, but the cost seems to have doubled.

Offline mtarone

These are a second hand set of 4, so the price of one new wheel (needs painting too) is about the same as a used set of 4.  I did ship a set of 18" inch wheels about 2 years ago with USPS for US$550 a set, but the cost seems to have doubled.

Gavin, I used shipitto.com to get the 4 x M3 wheels you would have seen in Tassie last year. Cost was around $500-$600 Forget the exact cost but was pretty good.

Offline NBTBRV8

Gavin, I used shipitto.com to get the 4 x M3 wheels you would have seen in Tassie last year. Cost was around $500-$600 Forget the exact cost but was pretty good.

Thanks Matt, I just checked and it comes in at $1053 plus internal shipping in the US.