Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head

The new Golf R's are still very nice; shame the Scirocco isn't coming to Australia though =/

They are in Australia, just not sold by the dealers here. Want one?
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline cjay

yes, it's possible. I've seen it, and fixed cars that have been damaged by doing it right there.

yes you are, but you're young and innocent... and LEARNING, hopefully.

we're all assholes, I'm a bigger one than you too. But I'm well practiced.... and OH, you're one of THOSE guys mates...

I'd love a Polo GTi I think... the whatever with super and turbo goodness included... bring one to my shop for a demo, if it's faster than my Getz around my test track, and can fit a 550 engine in the back, I'll buy one.

If you order a Polo GTI now you will get it the middle of next year LOL... Maybe that's why VW sales people are on forums, no cars to sell. It would give you plenty of time to get the 550 engine ready ;)

Offline adam01

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

If you order a Polo GTI now you will get it the middle of next year LOL... Maybe that's why VW sales people are on forums, no cars to sell. It would give you plenty of time to get the 550 engine ready ;)

why would I buy a new one?

I'd test a new one, then let some other schmuck suffer all the pain and depreciation, then move in on a 3 or 5 year old one for a fraction of the price.

Actually, 550 engine IS done, it's a daytona engine I need to fit ATM... which is even bigger!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Not yet  :D

Do you mean vw Australia will bring in the scirocco? Or do you mean you want one soon?
I know you know who brings them in at the moment anyway
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline blaze182

• Drives: A45
To my knowledge the Scirocco isn't arriving in Australia via VW. We've seen numerous 'tests' but nothing official has been released. So if it were ever to come to Australia, since we don't have the info on it at the moment, it means it wouldn't be for at least 12 months; but again, the Australian VW team is too concerned with damaging the GTI/R sales of the Golf, ironically despite the fact the GTI/R Golf is increasingly difficult to get hold of.

Question for Blazing Saddles. How can I make the rear vision mirrors on my 2010 CC automatically fold in or do I always have to flick the switch?

Hi PA! You have to flick the switch manually to fold the side mirrors - thats how the CC comes from factory. I'll check on Monday if its possible to VAG Com the mirrors to fold automatically when the key is pressed for lock/unlock. You'll have a definitive answer by Monday night.

yes, it's possible. I've seen it, and fixed cars that have been damaged by doing it right there.

yes you are, but you're young and innocent... and LEARNING, hopefully.

we're all assholes, I'm a bigger one than you too. But I'm well practiced.... and OH, you're one of THOSE guys mates...

I'd love a Polo GTi I think... the whatever with super and turbo goodness included... bring one to my shop for a demo, if it's faster than my Getz around my test track, and can fit a 550 engine in the back, I'll buy one.

Its possible, but stupid.

Yes, I'm learning, thats why I wanted the job. I intend to do it to the best of my ability - despite how cliche that is, thus I've sought out online communities. VW related ones were more receptive to me, but then as you said, it'd be nice if I contributed here as opposed to the confronting announcement I made - Point taken, I can't reverse what I've done, but I'll make the effort to be a more involved member around here and prove I'm not 'just another'!!

No Polo for you, but you can put the 550 in my car if you want! Free of charge of course.

They are in Australia, just not sold by the dealers here. Want one?

Yeah, theres two importers I know of currently. Would be interesting to see a VW dealer try and sell one under the 'used' car branch (even though it'd be brand new). Do you know the cost of a fully landed and complied Scirocco R?

Plenty of people on here love GTi's so not a bad idea for blaze182 to mention to contact him.
Sure he's chasing sales for himself but its not gonna make someone on here buy a VW, just possibly help someone who was looking already, to get a decent deal.

blaze182 you just gotta learn to slide in and let it be known what you do rather than advertise on a forum like this, its frowned upon.

Remember to make sure you get a German built VW, I think all the GTi's are  ... the non German built VW's in Australia are building quite a rep for being hit or miss.....  I dont know a VW dealer but I know a VW service manager. Three of our friends have traded/sold their lemon 2010 VW's already.

Thanks anotherforumuser! I browse this forum a lot, wasn't expecting this reaction, but I can understand that coming from someone almost nobody knows that it can seem in your face, so I apologise to everyone for the in-your-face announcement.

The MKV Generation Golf's were made in South Africa, with the R32 and Pirelli models made in Germany. The MK V GTI's were made in both South Africa and Germany.

The new generation MK VI Golf's are all manufactured in Germany, the new Polo is manufactured in South Africa now.

So, the Golf's are of very nice build quality! :D
Australian & New Zealand AMG Owners Forum - www.worldofamg.com

• Soap Dodger

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

VAG com can program the mirrors to fold and open automatically, same as the internal and external lights.

There are US forums dedicated to VAG com codes.
Enjoying Life!!!!

• Soap Dodger

VAG com can program the mirrors to fold and open automatically, same as the internal and external lights.

There are US forums dedicated to VAG com codes.

So VAG USA are onto it..

we need VAG in Australia to get otrganised...

I guess VAG.IN.A, for short.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Thumbs up for Blazyman - good work to put up with you guys slagging him and still coming back punching.

I'd still like him to contribute a carton of beer to the 'Ash keeping AE running fund' cheap way to make up for using this service to try and sell.
C'mon, do it!