Offline dkabab

I have to sign up to a new provider... Are they all the same? One cheaper that the other?

I have no idea how to read their pricing.

Offline mattyg

• Adelaide -

• Drives: Audi Q5
  • Name: Matt G
write them all on a wall... pick a dart... throw dart

i know in SA its just all changed due to 5AAs Leon Bryner... the % does make a difference if you take full advantage.  Ive seen heaps of comparisons sights out there via Google... Im with Origin mainly because i liked the pricing about 3 or 4 years ago. haven't looked into it since or had a problem.

I guess its similar to phones.. a lot of the plans are similar but you go with what you like at end of the day.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

it's so hard to compare apples with apples

They have xx cents for the first xxx kw's used, and then xx cents for the next xxkw's, problem is, that the pricing formula arent standardised and it's hard to work out what would suit you best.  And they are all open to negotiation, if you ask.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I was with Origin forever, bills started getting ridiculous so I looked around. Ended up with Energy Australia at a 23% discount to what Origin were reaming me for.

First project for this year is to investigate Solar for business. This time of year the A/C runs constantly and the bills go through the roof.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I was with Origin forever, bills started getting ridiculous so I looked around. Ended up with Energy Australia at a 23% discount to what Origin were reaming me for.

First project for this year is to investigate Solar for business. This time of year the A/C runs constantly and the bills go through the roof.

here in SA we gte reamed to a greater amount.  Paying around 34-36c/kw before discount of 13%

Offline mattyg

• Adelaide -

is solar worth it just yet? paying 15k for a 5kw(ish) system by time you make money back could be years and the system then will be worth 2 fifths of nothing

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

here in SA we gte reamed to a greater amount.  Paying around 34-36c/kw before discount of 13%

Mine is PEAK- 27.84 c to 28.39 c  OFFPEAK- 14.49 c before 23% discount.

Might be better deals around now, it's 12 months since I looked into it.

Offline mattyg

• Adelaide -

Mine is PEAK- 27.84 c to 28.39 c  OFFPEAK- 14.49 c before 23% discount.

Might be better deals around now, it's 12 months since I looked into it.

us in adelaide are getting screwed in prices... we have the worse rates around according to radio

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

is solar worth it just yet? paying 15k for a 5kw(ish) system by time you make money back could be years and the system then will be worth 2 fifths of nothing

Don't know yet. What is the life span of a typical solar system BTW ?

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I had a 4kw system installed Dec 2011, the smart meter went in March 2012.  We moved in to the house Oct 2012.  Our last bill to mid Jan 2012 had us in credit by $1200.  The system cost $10k. I think it's worth it.

I am now looking at putting a larger solar system in at work to produce a $0 dollar bill