Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
I had a 4kw system installed Dec 2011, the smart meter went in March 2012.  We moved in to the house Oct 2012.  Our last bill to mid Jan 2012 had us in credit by $1200.  The system cost $10k. I think it's worth it.

I am now looking at putting a larger solar system in at work to produce a $0 dollar bill

way to go
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

way to go

electricity prices will only go much higher, which will make the payback period of solar much less.

with the limited research I have done thus far it seems the mark up is absolutley huge on imported panels.  It's quite likely that I will import the panels and an approved inverter and get a certified electrician to install the system.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I had a 4kw system installed Dec 2011, the smart meter went in March 2012.  We moved in to the house Oct 2012.  Our last bill to mid Jan 2012 had us in credit by $1200.  The system cost $10k. I think it's worth it.

I am now looking at putting a larger solar system in at work to produce a $0 dollar bill

I was told that there is a limit to the size of solar system you are allowed to install. I was intending to go to the maximum size straight up for work, maybe home too.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

electricity prices will only go much higher, which will make the payback period of solar much less.

with the limited research I have done thus far it seems the mark up is absolutley huge on imported panels.  It's quite likely that I will import the panels and an approved inverter and get a certified electrician to install the system.

Very interesting. Any links to overseas sellers ?

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Very interesting. Any links to overseas sellers ?

Still doing the initial research, being guided by a mate who worked at true value solar.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I was told that there is a limit to the size of solar system you are allowed to install. I was intending to go to the maximum size straight up for work, maybe home too.

For me the limit may be the how much my roof area will be able to hold, I reckon I should get 8-10kw's which should be ample to generate what I consume.  the rebate is now 16c/kwhr ( compared to 52c which is what i'm getting at home) so it's pointless spending to get more production than I can consume. 

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

For me the limit may be the how much my roof area will be able to hold, I reckon I should get 8-10kw's which should be ample to generate what I consume.  the rebate is now 16c/kwhr ( compared to 52c which is what i'm getting at home) so it's pointless spending to get more production than I can consume.

Fair enough. I believe the rebate has been dropping and the network access fee has been rising as more and more people take up solar.

Offline mattyg

• Adelaide -

• Drives: Audi Q5
  • Name: Matt G

10kws will be a lot of panels. 3kw system i think from memory was 12 panels... i would need at least 5kw to cut out power cost mainly due to pool and aircond when we are at home. But with current technology i think its worth the wait. Or even look at building a vertical wind turbine.

Im trying to currently retro fit a "whirly bird" with a turbine generator in it to run my shed using old UPS batteries as storage i found on gumtree for giveaway.

Offline mattyg

• Adelaide -

• Drives: Audi Q5
  • Name: Matt G

have you needed to clean your system to make it run better. dad has solar panels and he is on roof every 6mths with a bucket
of special liquid he found online to get the best results.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

have you needed to clean your system to make it run better. dad has solar panels and he is on roof every 6mths with a bucket
of special liquid he found online to get the best results.

I have been on the roof once with a window cleaning solution and a window squegee.

I haved a flat roof so no big deal