Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
10kws will be a lot of panels. 3kw system i think from memory was 12 panels... i would need at least 5kw to cut out power cost mainly due to pool and aircond when we are at home. But with current technology i think its worth the wait. Or even look at building a vertical wind turbine.

Im trying to currently retro fit a "whirly bird" with a turbine generator in it to run my shed using old UPS batteries as storage i found on gumtree for giveaway.

my mail tells me 250kw panels coming out in Feb
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

have you needed to clean your system to make it run better. dad has solar panels and he is on roof every 6mths with a bucket
of special liquid he found online to get the best results.

thats why they put a nuclear reactor on that robot on Mars, the solar panels got red dust on them and things in past stopped working. 
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline mtarone

electricity prices will only go much higher, which will make the payback period of solar much less.

with the limited research I have done thus far it seems the mark up is absolutley huge on imported panels.  It's quite likely that I will import the panels and an approved inverter and get a certified electrician to install the system.

Let me know if you go down this route, I'm thinking I'll add more panels and a bigger inverter now that I'm tracking my solar output. Friend is an electrician so can probably pay in beer for a weekend job.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

my mail tells me 250kw panels coming out in Feb

kw's or w's??

my panels are 230w's, i have 18 of them.  I also have my upper roof wired up to accept more panels, but the production I'm getting covers my usage and gives me change so I'm happy.

At work I should be able to have at least double the panels that I have at home with super efficiency.  I have a long north facing hip roof with nothing obstruction summer or winter sun.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Let me know if you go down this route, I'm thinking I'll add more panels and a bigger inverter now that I'm tracking my solar output. Friend is an electrician so can probably pay in beer for a weekend job.

problem with adding more panels is that if you have are receiving 44c+ per kw then you will negate that and go to the 16c/kw rebate

Offline mtarone

problem with adding more panels is that if you have are receiving 44c+ per kw then you will negate that and go to the 16c/kw rebate

Forgot about that - very true

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I have been on the roof once with a window cleaning solution and a window squegee.

I haved a flat roof so no big deal

Not possible to get on my roof at home- too high. Do you really have to clean these things ?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Or even look at building a vertical wind turbine.

Im trying to currently retro fit a "whirly bird" with a turbine generator in it to run my shed using old UPS batteries as storage i found on gumtree for giveaway.

The noise would drive you nuts.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

kw's or w's??

my panels are 230w's, i have 18 of them.  I also have my upper roof wired up to accept more panels, but the production I'm getting covers my usage and gives me change so I'm happy.

At work I should be able to have at least double the panels that I have at home with super efficiency.  I have a long north facing hip roof with nothing obstruction summer or winter sun.

w's got my k in the wrong place, cheers

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Not possible to get on my roof at home- too high. Do you really have to clean these things ?

well yes and no, the dust does decrease efficiency to some degree but I think if your panels are on enough of an angle the rain will wash it off, mine are at only at a small angle so they do collect some dust.  Plus, i get bored easy so going on the roof is just another way to occupy my time.