Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
250w panels already available since at least May last year.

Les (NSX) is currently trying to do a group buy into adding panels. At work whilst we have the 54c FIT, we still chalk up $4800 bills in spite of a 6kw system. Just use too much with staff not being sensible at work!

At home, I've a 6.5kw system but recently added 12 x 250w panels to my man cave hooked up to a bank of deep cycle lead batteries. Solar charges batteries, then that hooked up to an inverter to run pool pumps. Meanwhile house bill now down to around $280 in credit per quarter.
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
I have to sign up to a new provider... Are they all the same? One cheaper that the other?

I have no idea how to read their pricing.
Dave, we recently changed from AGL to Momentum for electricity. Their rates are at least 20-30% less!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline Paulstar

Offline dkabab

Ended up getting the missus to do the running around. Dunno she shopped them against eachother, got some discounts, waved connection fees, waved exit fees, some rebates and credits etc...

She jut talks their ears off until they just give her the best deal so she hangs up I think...

Offline mattyg

• Adelaide -

• Drives: Audi Q5
  • Name: Matt G
my mail tells me 250kw panels coming out in Feb

im hoping by this time next year the germans will introduce some amazing pannels that will generate 1kw per pannel at 1k per pannel and ill be importing. we should aim for bulk order :)

Matt

Offline mattyg

• Adelaide -

• Drives: Audi Q5
  • Name: Matt G
The noise would drive you nuts.

from the testing so far same noise as a whirly bird... i keep shorting out the circut board and burining it out so im in the trial phase at the momment

Offline dkabab

What sort of efficiency are the cells up to now? I remember about 12-15 years ago when i was piloting a solar powered boat up the murray, they were at 19-21% efficiency

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

What sort of efficiency are the cells up to now? I remember about 12-15 years ago when i was piloting a solar powered boat up the murray, they were at 19-21% efficiency

I'm running around 81-88% on a decent summer day

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Not possible to get on my roof at home- too high. Do you really have to clean these things ?

Get Andecorp to do a flyby in the chopper and hang you over it.  :D :thumbsup: