Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

In the olden days the Repco stuff was made by Stanley, now they are badge engineered Sidchrome. Which is owned by Stanley anyhoo...........     :potusdiligaf

I've had repco socket sets for about 10 years - great value for money

Stanley screwdrivers are also good value for money and considering the use I have put them through they are holding up really well.

Kincrome is bunnings yumcha crap.  Almost anything bunnings sells these days is almost single use throw away stuff.

Sidchrome is decent.

In the end, keep your tools clean, use them for their intended purpose and they will last you unless you buy yumcha brands.

Snap on would be nice but the price to me is unjustifiable.

I would love one of those big metallic tool chests but most of my tools are used at various sites, rarely at home so a tool chest would be a big inconvenience for me.  So I just have a nice stanley case that I chuck in what I need for the days job.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

I can vouch for Scottskis tool set, have seen it in the flesh.  Great value for money and very good quality.

There's one in Burleigh and one in Biggera Waters Looney

Have a look at the tool chests on the website.

http://www.totaltools.com.au/store-finder/#results_mode=storesearch&postcodesuburb=&state=QLD&distance=&serviceid=

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I've had repco socket sets for about 10 years - great value for money

Stanley screwdrivers are also good value for money and considering the use I have put them through they are holding up really well.

Kincrome is bunnings yumcha crap.  Almost anything bunnings sells these days is almost single use throw away stuff.

Sidchrome is decent.

In the end, keep your tools clean, use them for their intended purpose and they will last you unless you buy yumcha brands.

Snap on would be nice but the price to me is unjustifiable.

I would love one of those big metallic tool chests but most of my tools are used at various sites, rarely at home so a tool chest would be a big inconvenience for me.  So I just have a nice stanley case that I chuck in what I need for the days job.

The Total Tools chest that I have splits into 2 halves (top & bottom) so you can take the tools that you use most to a worksite.

I just can't see the point in paying up 3 or 4 times as much for the name brands when the quality of the TTI ones seems up to any job that I have used them on. I haven't broken anything yet; but boy have I tried :D
I know a lot of guys are tool geeks or they must have the kudos of having Snap On, Wurth etc; but really it's a waste of money in my experience.

I have some 30yr old + Sidchrome stuff and the quality isn't any better than the TTI in almost every instance.

i agree that anything you buy from Bunnings is likely to be crap and not up to repeated usage.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

I can vouch for Scottskis tool set, have seen it in the flesh.  Great value for money and very good quality.

There's one in Burleigh and one in Biggera Waters Looney

Have a look at the tool chests on the website.

http://www.totaltools.com.au/store-finder/#results_mode=storesearch&postcodesuburb=&state=QLD&distance=&serviceid=

That's right, we had to break out the tools when we took my Ducatis for a ride. More toys that rarely get used and don't work when you want to use them as a result :doh:

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

i agree that anything you buy from Bunnings is likely to be crap and not up to repeated usage.

I bought a 'cheap' open ended spanner set from Bunnings last year sometime because I didn't bring my kit with me for a job,  the damn spanner broke when I was trying to undo a seized nut.

Bunnings in the early years stocked decent stuff and it was always worth a browse, these days it's just yumcha

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

I bought a 'cheap' open ended spanner set from Bunnings last year sometime because I didn't bring my kit with me for a job,  the damn spanner broke when I was trying to undo a seized nut.

Bunnings in the early years stocked decent stuff and it was always worth a browse, these days it's just yumcha

I have had similar experiences. Some of the sockets look and feel like they have been cast out of white metal they are that fragile.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
Let's not forget it was purchased 8 years ago. I bet now for $6,000 you get a box full of crap tools from China.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Let's not forget it was purchased 8 years ago. I bet now for $6,000 you get a box full of crap tools from China.

One thing for certain, unlike in Australia, trump will make certain those $6000 tool chests are full of tools made in the USA

make america great again

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

The Total Tools chest that I have splits into 2 halves (top & bottom) so you can take the tools that you use most to a worksite.

I just can't see the point in paying up 3 or 4 times as much for the name brands when the quality of the TTI ones seems up to any job that I have used them on. I haven't broken anything yet; but boy have I tried :D
I know a lot of guys are tool geeks or they must have the kudos of having Snap On, Wurth etc; but really it's a waste of money in my experience.

I have some 30yr old + Sidchrome stuff and the quality isn't any better than the TTI in almost every instance.

The early Sidchrome was junk, made in Kiwi land(sorry Brett). In the 90's they went to a new series which was far superior. I have a lot of spanners and sockets from that series........

I have heard some bad reviews about the TTI stuff lately, but as someone said your kit is a few years old now??? The SCA stuff I purchased years ago was really good stuff, now they have mainly junk.

I still swear by my Metrinch though........   :p

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

One thing for certain, unlike in Australia, trump will make certain those $6000 tool chests are full of tools made in the USA

make america great again

:potuskiss