Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
So after years of collecting random tools and having a range of random stuff from Chinese crap to Snap-on tools, I've decided to start from a clean slate and buy myself a new fully decked out tool kit.

I know a few people here are spanner monkeys so thought I would get some input.

I just want to get a fully kitted out trolley and my options are

1: Sidchrome
2: Kinchrome
3: Repco
4: Snap on (price is getting a little silly here)

Curious of any feedback anyone has here.  I'm leaning towards a full Repco lifetime warranty trolley, but if there's anything someone in the know would be able to contribute would be great before i go and pick one up.

Cheers

Looney

Offline looney

And I'm just talking hand tools obviously.  Upgrading the power tools is a whole other situation.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
I just went to Total Tools and bought the biggest tool trolley (complete with every tool imaginable) for about $6k.
It has everything you are ever likely to need, including air tools and diagnostic gear. The quality is acceptable for anything other than full time Pro use, and even then I am not sure I would bother buying the equivalent Snap On etc for 4 times the price.
I use the tools constantly at home and I haven't broken, replaced or had to seek out anything in the 8 (?) years I have had it.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
I just went to Total Tools and bought the biggest tool trolley (complete with every tool imaginable) for about $6k.
It has everything you are ever likely to need, including air tools and diagnostic gear. The quality is acceptable for anything other than full time Pro use, and even then I am not sure I would bother buying the equivalent Snap On etc for 4 times the price.
I use the tools constantly at home and I haven't broken, replaced or had to seek out anything in the 8 (?) years I have had it.

That's pretty good value I reckon
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

That's pretty good value I reckon

Stellar value IMHO unless you are a tool geek and can see value in the big name stuff.

Offline looney

sounds interesting. what was the brand of the tools themselves? or is Total Tools the brand?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

sounds interesting. what was the brand of the tools themselves? or is Total Tools the brand?

It is their house brand tools called "TTI".  The quality is perfectly acceptable in my experience.

I found some pictures of it on my 'puter.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Got Sidchrome sets and Kinchrome sets and Stanley sets.

The old Sidchrome stuff is still going strong and I have broken a few ratchet and cracked a few sockets and they just replace them. The newer stuff in not as good and I reckon they are not much better than Kinchrome. The Kinchrome stuff is not too bad anyway.

Stanley is crap.......

But my favorite spanners and socket sets are Metrinch, They are fantastic!! The only thing I ever broke was a 1/2 Ratchet which got replaced via post.

* Edit * I also have some older Super Cheap spanners and socket sets that are very good, not sure what they are like now......

Offline NBTBRV8

So after years of collecting random tools and having a range of random stuff from Chinese crap to Snap-on tools, I've decided to start from a clean slate and buy myself a new fully decked out tool kit.

I know a few people here are spanner monkeys so thought I would get some input.

I just want to get a fully kitted out trolley and my options are

1: Sidchrome
2: Kinchrome
3: Repco
4: Snap on (price is getting a little silly here)

Curious of any feedback anyone has here.  I'm leaning towards a full Repco lifetime warranty trolley, but if there's anything someone in the know would be able to contribute would be great before i go and pick one up.

Cheers

Looney

Any of the above are good.  Value for money Repco is up there, followed by Kinchrome.  Snap on is the daddy though, worth the money though...?

For a tool box I'd like to get a Snap on Pit wagon:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tool-storage-bench/windsor-area-on/the-best-snap-on-3-bay-pit-nascar-style-wagon-box-with-extras/404202177?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

or a KRL7023 with top box:

http://www.pynprice.com/price/snap-on-tool-box/

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Any of the above are good.  Value for money Repco is up there, followed by Kinchrome.  Snap on is the daddy though, worth the money though...?

In the olden days the Repco stuff was made by Stanley, now they are badge engineered Sidchrome. Which is owned by Stanley anyhoo...........     :potusdiligaf