Offline Paulstar

It's no longer required for light vehicles to display the sticker  :D http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/abolish_labels/index.html

From 1 January 2013, registration stickers will no longer be required for light vehicles up to 4.5 tonnes Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM). NSW Police use number plate recognition cameras to automatically detect if a vehicle is unregistered.

This means from 1 January 2013, registration stickers can be removed from all light vehicles registered in NSW. While it is not an offence to keep displaying your registration sticker, it is no longer required.

New stickers are no longer being generated and will not be sent with registration renewal notices. Removing labels for light vehicles simplifies the registration process, reduces red tape and will save time and money for the community and businesses.

:thumbsup:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Sorry to hear you have adopted this dumb system too. The morons behind the idea seem to have forgotten that Joe Public relies on his reg sticker to confirm he's up to date.

Offline Paulstar

Oh... you're right..I've checked my sticker before to remind myself when it's due..what's the new way to quickly check? online receipt?

Offline TomE

Oh... you're right..I've checked my sticker before to remind myself when it's due..what's the new way to quickly check? online receipt?

Unregistered vehicle offences have gone through the roof here in S.A. 
The system has been a winner for SA Revenue.

"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline Paulstar

Unregistered vehicle offences have gone through the roof here in S.A. 
The system has been a winner for SA Revenue.

I see and I'm not surprised people unintentionally drive their cars un rego'd WITH stickers so I can imagine without. How do you check when your rego is due in SA with the stickerless system? for example if you were to go inspect a used car that had rego how would you verify that it's registered and when till?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I see and I'm not surprised people unintentionally drive their cars un rego'd WITH stickers so I can imagine without. How do you check when your rego is due in SA with the stickerless system? for example if you were to go inspect a used car that had rego how would you verify that it's registered and when till?

You check online.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

This is all part of the problem of being ruled by the new generation who were brought up without ever being spanked and were given trophies for just competing.

Offline Paulstar

You check online.

This sucks.

This is all part of the problem of being ruled by the new generation who were brought up without ever being spanked and were given trophies for just competing.

lol, please do elaborate

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

How do you check when your rego is due in SA with the stickerless system? for example if you were to go inspect a used car that had rego how would you verify that it's registered and when till?

the iphone app works well.

But not having the stickers is an issue ( I hav eno doubts the intent was to cut costs and at the same time create more revenue for those that unknowingly drove unregsitered cars)

I registered 2 of my cars 31/12.  I knew they were due soon, all my paper work is kept at work so I checked the app telling me they will be unregistered the next day.

Bring back the stickers!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

lol, please do elaborate

They dont have to think, the they just have to do "something" :rolleyes: