Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

SA hasn't required the sticker for some time.

But I think Vic is still behind on the no sticker thing, as I've been reading reports that Vic Police have been giving lots SA drivers grief, when they drive to Melbourne, over having no sticker even though it's legal :rolleyes:

Thats just an excuse :D

After reading this I think the stickers should stay, but HEY that would stop the Govt stuffing something up.

Those rego fees in SA are ridiculous.

Offline app

Those rego fees in SA are ridiculous.

If you are referring to goober's post, I think he was referring to rego fees for renta cars and not a normal private cars - i.e. renta car rego fee is higher than normal car.

Is that correct goober?

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

If you are referring to goober's post, I think he was referring to rego fees for renta cars and not a normal private cars - i.e. renta car rego fee is higher than normal car.

Is that correct goober?

I think you're right, but still, another tax on business :rolleyes:

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles

Is that correct goober?

yup and dont ask why, but blame it on a drunk actor who is now dead from an accident in 1985.

After wages its the next biggest expense
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
I think you're right, but still, another tax on business :rolleyes:
That gets passed onto the consumer

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
That gets passed onto the consumer

its gets passed on when its rented, if it sits for 1/2 the month its like $3.20 per day just eating its head off
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline adam01

its gets passed on when its rented, if it sits for 1/2 the month its like $3.20 per day just eating its head off

Less 30% tax deduction  :D

Offline TomE

thats the irony, renta operators in Aust will be doing finance deals based on new car for 12 months, depreciate at prescribed rate of 30% then sell/ trade in before rego renewal comes in as original rego on new car is included in finance docs.
New Micra with renta reg is 14500.00 inc GST, stamp. At end of 12 months Micra is depreciated to 10150.00 which means dealer will give that amount for the car as trade in. It will turn around lots of new cars but with trucks its hellova lot harder.

On a fleet that size would you be better off giving the Dealership your credit card details to pay rego, transfer & stamp duty and banking a heap of QANTAS FF points for trips?

"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline adam01

On a fleet that size would you be better off giving the Dealership your credit card details to pay rego, transfer & stamp duty extra and banking a heap of QANTAS FF points for trips?

spot on - thats what we do (vic) :thumbsup:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

On a fleet that size would you be better off giving the Dealership your credit card details to pay rego, transfer & stamp duty and banking a heap of QANTAS FF points for trips?

Motor reg takes Amex now? (My Visa points are capped too low to be useful.)