Offline mtarone

Holy shit :eek: think they want everyone to buy a Golf or vomit orange?

Ad Block Plus is your friend.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
the decline of news.com.au which was never good to start with into being something completely useless has been dramatic

its stunningly amazingly ridiculous to me that the entire massive web page still refreshes on a timer
so you will be half way scrolling down it and the entire page reloads, and takes 20 seconds to do so whilst it waits for the ads to be displayed from 3rd party sites

but then I guess I dont really need to know what the top dirty words tweeted this week are, or that the internet has voted on the worlds grumpiest cat anyway

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
the decline of news.com.au which was never good to start with into being something completely useless has been dramatic ...

... but then I guess I dont really need to know what the top dirty words tweeted this week are, or that the internet has voted on the worlds grumpiest cat anyway

That was probably the last time I really randomly browsed the news, I wouldn't have a clue what's going on in the world any more, and frankly don't give a toss. All I do now when I have idle time is read science journals and literature - it may mean I have to tune out of conversations which revolve around anything to do with modern times, but I usually have a reasonably well informed view on stuff that actually affects the world we live in.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I love reading news.  In my business, it is essential to know what's going on in the world - especially the local scene - so I get the Advertiser, Australian and Financial Review daily. I'll even pick up a Messenger if I see one. :o  I also read The Times (UK) on line - it's the best newspaper app on iPad. But mostly I just love news, and good writing.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I love reading news.  In my business, it is essential to know what's going on in the world - especially the local scene - so I get the Advertiser, Australian and Financial Review daily. I'll even pick up a Messenger if I see one. :o  I also read The Times (UK) on line - it's the best newspaper app on iPad. But mostly I just love news, and good writing.

I grew up watching Media Watch with Stuart Littlemore in the early 90's (previously a country lad so never really exposed to current affairs), that kinda destroyed any possibility I might consider anything reported to be much more than a fairy tale. For me "knowing" the same stuff as most other people has almost zero benefit - sometimes I feel like Captain America by not getting a pop-culture reference, but oh well.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

I'm a news reading fan as well.  Tried The Advertiser app but found it too hard to navigate ( well, harder than reading the paper itself). The advertiser web site ( Adelaidenow.com.au) has been in decline since they brought out their app.

SMH is probably my favourite paper, Fin Rev a close second.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Again, I am with Ash on this one.

Haven't purchased a News paper for as long as I can remember and only really read them if I get one for free with coffee or breakfast sometimes.....

The only news I hear is mainly on Triple J and that's only cos they have it on at the top of the hour anyway.

Offline mtarone

When travelling I get the local newspaper delivered. I like knowing the local news and events.

When in LA, I get the LA Times Sunday edition. Almost takes all day to get through it, If you've bought one before you'll know what I mean.

Offline j15

I grew up watching Media Watch with Stuart Littlemore in the early 90's (previously a country lad so never really exposed to current affairs), that kinda destroyed any possibility I might consider anything reported to be much more than a fairy tale. For me "knowing" the same stuff as most other people has almost zero benefit - sometimes I feel like Captain America by not getting a pop-culture reference, but oh well.

Littlemore is the best of all the presenters at portraying the smug attitude that is required to present that show.

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
http://www.theglobalmail.org/ is an excellent site for in depth news articles.

It's Australian based but covers global issues.

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Cars ] New Porsche 988 coming...no replacement for 997 GT2 however... JPG Today at 00:04
[ Events ] Mille Miglia SiFi Yesterday at 23:09
[ Lamborghini ] Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV Australian Registry MRdino Yesterday at 21:55
[ Lamborghini ] Huracan Performante JBO Yesterday at 20:00
[ Cars ] AMAZING CARS FOR SALE THREAD tdc911 Yesterday at 18:55
[ Number Plates ] NSW Number Plates 360c Yesterday at 18:06
[ Off Topic ] and today you bought... PA Yesterday at 17:47
[ Off Topic ] $165m ATO Fraud. Heres's a picture of a Gulf GT40. 360c Yesterday at 15:11
[ Off Topic ] R.I.P Nicky Hayden amgsl55 Yesterday at 13:46
[ Porsche ] 991 GT3 RS 360c Yesterday at 11:40