Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
It's not the auto but the metal surrounding it and ................yes a bit :rolleyes:

ha good, because Maserati use the BTR auto box, which is Aussie made and used in the Falcon etc... so you CAN still drive a mainstream slusho yet be wrapped in italian beauty!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

ha good, because Maserati use the BTR auto box, which is Aussie made and used in the Falcon etc... so you CAN still drive a mainstream slusho yet be wrapped in italian beauty!

Great I can now rebadge the Commo as a Masa , no one will know the difference, sad part is a lot of people wouldn't know the difference :doh:

Offline Wonksta

Interesting. No member with the name wongsta has posted in that section on that other forum...

Cant be too much of a forum whore. That makes me wonder why you came on, only post in this thread, and have mentioned that other rip-off forum in your first post...

Not saying your not legit (any pics of your car?), but I smell a rat...

The reason I mentioned it is because I found out about this place there what's wrong with that?

Rip-off forum just because this is "Aussie Exotics" doesn't mean this site owns the IP to the two words "Aussie Exotics".

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Rip-off forum just because this is "Aussie Exotics" doesn't mean this site owns the IP to the two words "Aussie Exotics".

It owns the copyright and if it's used in a fashion that competes with AE then you, errr sorry they,  had better have deep pockets to pay for their lawyers, the Federal court is a very expensive place to spend the week.

today almost all major nations follow the Berne copyright convention. For example, in the USA, almost everything created privately and originally after April 1, 1989 is copyrighted and protected whether it has a notice or not. The default you should assume for other people's works is that they are copyrighted and may not be copied unless you know otherwise. There are some old works that lost protection without notice, but frankly you should not risk it unless you know for sure.
It is true that a notice strengthens the protection, by warning people, and by allowing one to get more and different damages, but it is not necessary. If it looks copyrighted, you should assume it is

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline Wonksta

Dodger I own multiple IP's. You cannot register a trademark containing a descriptive word(s).

Every-day language and vocabulary should remain available for all to use. Granting monopoly rights in words such as geographical names, common surnames and trade expressions would deprive others of their right to use these words in the relevant industry.

The following points are examples of words or phrases used on their own, ie not with accompanying logo or other words. These are types of words that other traders are very likely to need to use and consequently would be very difficult to register as trade marks:

* Descriptive words and phrases on their own

A simple example would be an apple farmer trying to register the phrase THE BEST APPLES. Obviously other apple farmers have a legitimate need to be able to say that they grow the best apples too. It would be unfair on other apple farmers to give one apple farmer exclusive rights to this phrase. Descriptive trade marks are difficult, and therefore expensive, to register and enforce.

Examples of some other words that are extremely difficult to register (because they are something that other traders would need to use to describe their goods or services) include:
          o STRAWBERRY for drinks
          o WARM for heaters
          o TOMATO for sauce
          o GLOBAL for freight shipping services
          o Geographical names on their own

Geographical references or place names are usually very difficult to register, especially when the place has a reputation for certain goods or services. For example, it would be very difficult to register TASMANIA for apples or NEWCASTLE for steel production. Traders who provide goods or services from these areas have a need to be able to indicate that place of origin of their goods or services

https://pericles.ipaustralia.gov.au/ols/tmeform/help/switch/Registrability.htm

Hope that helps.

Offline fivesix

The reason I mentioned it is because I found out about this place there what's wrong with that?

Funny, I didnt see this website mentioned once over there?

It is a rip-off forum...

Offline Wonksta

Funny, I didnt see this website mentioned once over there?

It is a rip-off forum...

What is it ripping off?

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Dodger I own multiple IP's. You cannot register a trademark containing a descriptive word(s).
https://pericles.ipaustralia.gov.au/ols/tmeform/help/switch/Registrability.htm
Hope that helps.

When it's been used extensively in the public domain it's automatically copyrighted to that user, if it's used in a similar context which this is.

They were using it long before you were for cars in Australia so you're in breach.

Hope that helps.

Offline Wonksta

When it's been used extensively in the public domain it's automatically copyrighted to that user, if it's used in a similar context which this is.

They were using it long before you were for cars in Australia so you're in breach.

Hope that helps.

I just read that and lol'd a little.

Latest Discussions