Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
That looks seriously interesting :scratchchin:

Give it a few months, I'm chock full of ideas and info that needs to go up, I'm confident it will be a great resource for many interesting niche topics.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Give it a few months, I'm chock full of ideas and info that needs to go up, I'm confident it will be a great resource for many interesting niche topics.

That could be very popular, there's nothing else like it around, include some podcasts about food, etc etc put some Google adsence in to start and see how it flies.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

That could be very popular, there's nothing else like it around, include some podcasts about food, etc etc put some Google adsence in to start and see how it flies.

Yeah check the start of this thread, you can see when I started the site like 4 years ago - there was a some stuff there but it got hacked a year or so ago and I wasn't too invested in it so I dumped it all.  I've been "researching" pretty hardcore since then, it will have everything you want to know about meat but in an easier to digest form than is currently around, along with meals and reviews, and of course what goes with fine dining but fine drinking.  And then of course other piggyback niche's are health and fitness (cha-ching). I also have a great idea for a mobile app/site which I've been testing on another platform not particularly suited to my idea, but makes for a compelling argument.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Man, reading back from the start is hilarious, soooo many steaks - I wonder how many entire herds of cattle I've consumed in that time... :scratchchin:

Also stumbled on this old thread - 64 pages of discussion back when we used to catch up for steak frequently: http://aussieexotics.com/forum/members-private-lounge/steak-club-689.0.html

If you're passionate about it (the subject) and it looks like you are it WILL work.

I use myself as a consumer test case , if I like it others will and I do, should be a great resource on how to choose and cook steak like you've (probably) never had before, and you're right about all the bits that wil hang off it, wine, coffee, you name it.

Bit like Jims Mowing franchises which turned into Jims (anything) franchise.

Slogan choosing time !

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

You better think of a new name, you have .com but someone else has .com.au so if it gets mega popular you won't own the AU domain name.
Think of something else and get the .com .net ,com.au and .net.au

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

You better think of a new name, you have .com but someone else has .com.au so if it gets mega popular you won't own the AU domain name.
Think of something else and get the .com .net ,com.au and .net.au

I'm not concerned with it being Oz-centric like AE, I aim to go global with HS.  Besides, not having an au for AE doesn't seem to have hurt.

Edit: indeed - check the visitor sources so far:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I'm not concerned with it being Oz-centric like AE, I aim to go global with HS.  Besides, not having an au for AE doesn't seem to have hurt.

It matters if you think it might get serious, AE isn't in the league this could be in.

steakbyash.com is available

Offline Paulstar

Ash I have a question, what is High Steaks about? is it a place to showcase your kitchen exploits? are you looking to make a community of people all contributing their recipes and photos? From Goober's contributions it looks like that's what you're aiming for.

Just seems to me that if you are going for a community then there is a strong chance that the ladies who love to cook will come on board. Having pictures like that on the board though might be a strong enough deterrent to keep them away. Also is there any thought to adding an about page? I think people who stumble across the site might be more likely to sign up and contribute if the purpose of the site was more clearly defined. If no 'about' page a 'newbies and lurkers' thread would get the job done.